Pool failover question

While I have had zero issues with DXPool in the short time I have been mining, I do see an occasional post or 2 on this forum about mining pools going down. I have a CK5 and the Goldshell interface has a “Pool settings” tab where I add my DXPool account info. My question is can I add another secondary pool which would automatically failover to it if DXPool went down for some reason?

For example, can I add a F2Pool account “secondary” to the DXPool account which wouldn’t do anything unless DXPool goes down? If DXPool goes down, I want the CK5 to automatically switch over to the F2Pool account…is this possible?

Thanks!

Hi bisctboy
Yes that is possible thats how I got my 4 KD Box and 2 Minidoge set up I had them set up onF2Pool and DXPool. 3 days ago F2Pool for some reason been offline still is and they all switched over to DXPool which ever pool you are using currently must drag to top and must be green indicator on but when you set them up Test them by draging to top make sure its showing green indicator.

Thanks @SinghisKing …to be clear, if the top priority pool goes offline or fails, the miner will automatically go to the next pool listed without me having to do anything?

That right bisctboy thats what it does with Goldshell but make sure they are properly setup with the correct addresses as I said configure them first then Test them by dragging up and see the Green light comes on when you drag to top do that on both the pools.I think you can have more than 2 pools in the list incase they both fail.F2Pool has been offline for me 4days now it will not let me do
anything I cant mine to it cant withdraw.Is your F2Pool working normal? let me know Thank You.

@SinghisKing I don’t use F2Pool yet so I can’t say if it is up or not. Thank you for the information!

Hi bisctboy
Which other pools you use for Kadena F2Pools is still down for me Thank you

You can use the link below to see other pools and their stats.You can also set up your own KDA node and mine to that if you are tech savvy enough. DXPool is good but some users had (in the past) complained of high rejection rates. So just watch those over a few days if you go with DXPool.

https://miningpoolstats.stream/kadena

Hi JoeJoe
I get 3-5% rejection rate with DXPool with F2Pool I use to get 2% max.Joe do you know how to Ping F2Pool that’s what F2Pool asked me to do I haven’t a clue how that’s done Please help Thank you

you can use ping from the command prompt. On a Windows machine you would click Start then type CMD
and hit enter. That should open up a black window that is the command prompt. It should look something like:
c:>

Type the following then hit enter…
ping ltc.f2pool.com

You should see something that looks like this…
64 bytes from 172.65.249.114: icmp_seq=0 ttl=56 time=14.331 ms
64 bytes from 172.65.249.114: icmp_seq=1 ttl=56 time=15.494 ms
64 bytes from 172.65.249.114: icmp_seq=2 ttl=56 time=14.258 ms

The numbers after the “time=” shows how long it takes to send a sample network packet to the destination and back. In my case about 15 milliseconds. The lower the number the better. You can compare this to the URL for DXPool to see what one is faster at your location.

1 Like

Thank you very much Joe that’s worked really appreciate your help have a nice day.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Glad it worked for you.