Port Forwarding Problem

I’ve gone as far as I can with trying to open my port forwarding and have still not succeeded. I know the NAT type is supposed to say none but that is where I’m lost. My upnp is enabled and I made sure the address is static and set the port forwarding to 44158. Im using a netgear ac1000 router. Please help

Hi, I believe the rule of thumb from Bobcat is to either use UPnP, or manually set a port to be open on a static up address. So only use one or the other of these methods and not both at the same time.

Check out this link which describes the three different methods you can use to open the necessary port on your Bobcat.

https://www.iothotspots.network/2021/06/20/network-issues-troubleshooting-bobcat-miner-300/

You are awesome…everything you read online says do enable the upnp and open the ports. So of course that’s what I did. I stopped the port forwarding and left the upnp enabled and that did the trick.

Thanks

Nice one. Glad it was able to resolve your issue. It’s a good write up to be honest as it looks at potential problems within typical setups and helps diagnose these bit by bit.

Hope you will start seeing hnt mining asap.

I’m running a Bobcat 300 using their aerial in an area where the terrain is a little trick and there’s not a great deal of hotspots. I’ve got a 6db aerial attached to a 20 foot pole which I just need to fix to brackets on the side of my property. I’m hoping this will aid the miners ability to reach other hotspots in the more denser area of the City of Bristol. I also have 2 other Bobcats that I will instal in friends houses locally (outside of the min required area) to help the network grow a little more in my area.

It’s all good fun and even though I don’t have many hotspots in my direct area, it’s also about trying to strategically grow it for me.

Best of luck mining

Stu

My area is growing but slowly. I have a 2 story house and placed my antenna on the rooftop peak about 28’ high. Been doing pretty good so far.

Best of luck to you as well

Hello. Do you mind helping me too? I have a rakv2 relayed. My setup is this: I have a main router (which I use to connect everything to the internet) that is connected to another router via cable, that sends wifi to my hotspot. I did this because the range of my wifi on my main router was not reaching the hotspot. My question is this: do I have to open ports only on the second router, that is directly connected to the hotspot, or do I have to open ports on both my second and main router? Thank you.

By all means I can try assist you. I

would of said you only need to forward ports on your main router that connects to the net. I am guessing your other router is set up as an access point, so should pass everything through to the main router.

But there will shortly be no need to port forward as helium is changing. Think it’s around the 24th April. If I manage to find the article explaining this I will post the link for you.

Best of luck and feel free to ask away. If I can help I will when I get the time. Stu

Thank you very much, internet stranger.