Power capabilities

Hey guys still trying to wrap my head around electrical things. I own a catering business so I’m running my machines off commercial power. Here’s the two breakers that are dedicated to my miners. One 2 pole 30 amp and one 3 pole 20 amp breaker.

I have tested running both machines off each breaker to see what happens and it ran fine but currently have each machine plugged in to separate breakers.

Can someone help me calculate my total potential load? I’m currently running a Ka3 and a s19. Hoping to learn how much more the breakers could handle.

simply put you multiply your voltage and amps.

120v and 15 amps is 1800kwh.
240 and 30 is 7200

being you have a commercial kitchen you probably have separate Voltages (if your in the US). the 30 amp pole is probably 220-240 so they could likely run about 6600-7200kwh. and the 20 amps are probably 120 so roughly 2400kwh. i wouldnt run asics on 120v (maybe the mini asics, and some arent designed to run on 120 at all so DO NOT DO IT).

also general rule of thumb is always aim for 80% load but on 240v you can get much closer.

PS i am not an electrician, and this is my hobbyist knowledge.

you can get meter readers like ffrom metered mining. https://www.themeterbox.com/ i believe vosk has a code for them

1 Like