Power Restrictions

Hey Guys. I am trying to figure out my power limits before purchasing additional miners. Can anyone help me or point me in the direction to some quality info so I can understand better

I have a single dedicated 220 outlet currently running a Antminer KA3 this is in my warehouse at work. I have a antminer s19 at home in my basement plugged into an old dryer outlet. Can I move that s19 to my warehouse and run it together on the same supply as the Ka3? Power is about 30% cheaper at my warehouse so makes sense plus I can get the sound out of my house. What’s the limit on a single outlet as far as how many miners I can run before I have to run a second dedicated outlet

Thanks in advance

First thing you need to know is how many amps your outlet has. If you’re running at 220V and it’s a 15A circuit, you would have 3300 watt’s at your disposal. The KA3 and the S19 both consume just under that much. You would need to know the amp rating for a yes/no answer

2 Likes

checkout

Ideally you’re looking at drawing around 25.6 amps which is a vast amount. I live in the uk and ran a l7, gpu miner and a number of box miners. My model for supply power was based on the vosk vid pasted above. I ran a 32amp circuit, whereby everything is rated at 32a and supply’s a 32a pdu which piers all the different miners with appropriate heavy gauge cable.

You can see the triplite pdu on the shelf powering the l7 and GPU miner. The thick black cable runs from the pdu into the 32a wall socket which is wired to a 32a trip in the distribution box.

If you try run both miners on the 220v supply and the cables rated at 15a, depending on what the trip is rated in your distribution box, it will either trip out or the cable and possible plug so Kees will catch fire.

If in doubt please get an electrician into give advice and wire you in a circuit that’s rated for your pier consumption.

1 Like

Thanks for the help

1 Like