Power Supply popped on GPU (mining cave)

To anyone willing to help/Give advice. My mining experience is low and my knowledge base is like a 2/10. I bought a GPU pre built mining rig from mining cave off a friend’s recommendation. He has been using miner stat to run our rigs. Last night I go to turn on my rig after it had failed and 4 of 7 GPUs weren’t running. While turning on the first of 2 power boxes, it sparked and popped, so I quickly shut it off. Now it will not power on.

Additional info- I am using a triplite pdu running to a 30amp wall outlet, c13- c14 cables (triplite brand)- full vosk electric guide ahead of time. At Max my rig was running 1200 watts 1050 average.

@Vosk.Coin

first of all mining cave sucks with rma and will bullshit you, so dont give them anymore money. second, the vosk you tagged is probably a scammer, and not the actual vosk.

2 Likes

If you just want to replace the PSU I have seen people say EVGA but my prefered brand of PSU for anything PC related, which a GPU rig is just a PC, is Seasonic. I have an old used modular Seasonic not sure if I still have all its cables and would have to check but I believe it is a 1000 WATT unit.

1 Like

Pirate- I may take you up on it, let me see if these guys will honor a warranty as it is less than 2 months old with no alterations done to it.

I need a miming guru/guide.

I would be doing the same plus I need to verify the PSU wattage and what cables I can find that it had anyhow. It is currently part of an old gaming PC that I was debating selling parts vs almost whole took out SSD per last users request to clean data so drive will be cleaned and used personally before ever sold.

1 Like

Update- They seem to be honoring a warranty and have given me a method for exchange and no cost. Let’s see how the new power source goes.

1 Like

Hope it works well for you

1 Like