Question on STC (Star Coin)

I am looking to add an additional ASIC miner. Was thinking about STC after looking at its value on asicminervalue.com. Getting conflicting information as to if I can mine STC in the US and if so, what exchang I can send the payment from the miner to.

Suggestions?

I was able to purchase one box direct from goldshell, but it hasn’t arrived yet. I created a Gate.io account easily, but I did need to go through the KYB process. I’ll start by trying out the DxPool and mining direct to the exchange until more options become available.

For what its worth MND is right.you can mine directly to gate.io from dx pool but to auto transfer you need minimum 50 coins, which is no biggy,you can just accumulate them til you get the 50 coins and it automatically goes to gate.io . And yes the KYC process is quite rigorous and frankly a bit of a pain but its all to keep your coins secure. you can either hoddle them there or trade them for usdt.thats the only trading option you have

On that note, gate just sent this email:

Please be aware of that after 30th April, 2022, we will permanently close your account. You will need to withdraw your digital assets before 10th April, 2022.

Because I’m a US citizen my account is being closed. Now I’m wondering if anyone knows of a decentralized exchange that I can use to convert my STC. Right now I’m mining and holding to the starmask extension wallet, but have no idea how I’ll get it out soon.

The only other exchange I was able to find is BKEX. It’s based out of the BVI. I still need to research them but so far the reviews are mixed. I signed up for an account for now but will continue to look into them. I’m in the same situation as you, not withdrawing now but definitely past the April Gate.io deadline. Let me know if you find another exchange that supports STC.

Was there a reason given why they are closing US accounts?

I asked and they just gave a general email response which is typical from a Chinese company. If I had to guess, it’s probably the US regulations of crypto they are trying to stay ahead of. I just hope others don’t follow like KuCoin or Hotbit.

Here is the email they sent me:

Dear User, Thank you for contacting Gate.io Support .

According to the update of the Section II Eligibility 2.1 of the Terms of Service, the use of the service by users from the United States of America, Mainland China, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Malta, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Crimea region, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ecuador, Kyrgyzstan is now prohibited.

All accounts from these forbidden countries will be closed after April 30th, that’s why we strongly recommend users from those countries to withdraw their assets as soon as possible

Kindly let us know if you have any other question.

Best Regards,

Gate.io

Gate.io Support Olivia

1 Like

does anyone else find this list of countries some what ecclectic and random, im in australia and we seem to be not on the list. which i guess is good for me but still find this list oddly random