Remotely managing a Bobcat miner

Can I manage a Bobcat miner remotely? Want to put one 10 miles away. Also want to know if it can be managed remotely from another state.

1 Like

What is there to manage? Honestly once they are setup, they should just work provided they have a good internet connection. All too often lately, I am seeing where people think something is wrong during the syncing process and they try to troubleshoot it; when really the best course of action is to leave it alone completely.

2 Likes

Appreciate the response. I’m such a NOOB that that I had to ask.

1 Like

The diagnostic tool can be used to check the temp, latency, block height, etc. Overall, you can ensure everything is in order if you can remotely connect to it.

Since the bobcat diagnoser tool can be accessed via an IP address and json response, hope you will figure it out.

But there is clearly a value for remotely accessing bobcat device/diagnostic tool outside of LAN if you’re managing multiple devices like a Patron.

2 Likes

I have a miner about 2 hours away that needs to be fast synched, but I don’t know how to connect to it

Bobcat 300 tends to fall out of sync, sometimes for days, earning nothing. If the user was connected to the same wifi, then the hotspot dashboard can be accesses and fast sync can be initiate, which will bring the hotspot back online. If there is anyone who knows how to make a tunnel VPN, on the same router that the Bobcat is connected to, then please advise.

1 Like