S19 + AC Infinity ducting

I finally got round to installing thr GOAT shroud and AC T8 fan with the controller onto an S19J Pro+ today.
I have is sucking the room air and have it ducting the heat outside.
The fan stays at 100% as the unit is generally sitting up around 68° C with a taget of 60° in Braiins.
I popped out to see how that was going and the duct work had torn itself off the back of the shroud and all the hot was staying in the room.
The question is - does the black AC Infinity duct not cope with 68° 100% air being blasted at it so it tears?
I did the clamp up very tight as I expected it would be running high CFM, so does clamping the duct too hard make it more inclined to tear off?
Is there beefier duct I can get to handle it?
I could put in the 70% limit jumper, but it’s summer here and with all the units in the room it’s pretty hot. I reackon it would throttle hash rate down as 70% might be a bit lite in summer.

I get that standard 8 inch ducting from bunnings and have had no issues, but my fans only run at 730cfm I think, is your black AC infinity duct thick plastic stuff? if you clamp it down tight as you said (Without breaking the shroud) can you pull it off via hand? is there heaps of tight bends that might have stopped airflow and blown it off?

I ended up reterminating the bit the shedded an lined the end with duct tape. Not the fibre based easy tear duct tape - the actualy PVC tape you use on ducts. Then I put the 70% limiter jumper on as 100% on a T8 is 850cfm. Pretty blowey for 8".
So far so good.

1 Like