S19 hydro BB, AM or XILINX?

Hello
I’ve just ordered a new miner and forgot to ask what board it comes with (this is important since I plan to run it on underclocked.

Is there a chance that we can tell by the serial, what board the unit comes with?

1 Like

Hey mate, I can’t see from the sticker but if you are trying to choose to run low power mode from the Bitmain firmware I don’t think it matters, it will only matter if you are trying to run a different brand of firmware. Even then, 7007 boards (Xilinx) are only $60. Good luck and lettuce know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m planing to run the asic.to software? But as I see it only runs on the BB and xilinx-
But but not sure if the hydro has its own version :face_with_monocle:

This is the asic.to firmware list, it says it has an update file for the S19 pro plus hydro. However that’s the update file, not the actual file to flash your miner to asic.to

I was about to link you to their telegram but I see you’re already in there, they should be able to help you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I should also point out just to make sure you are aware, the version you put on will likely be for all models of hydro. It will auto tune itself and my experience while it’s auto tuning the power consumption will be crazy high for what it should be, reading their telegram a lot of people have that experience. My point being is they will have a TH target and it will say expected watts, but because your miner is the low tier hydro, if their firmware is listed for the 255th version, let’s say for example they might have 180th listed for 3500 watts (just a guess) you will not be able to achieve that. They might have a version specifically for your firmware but with other S19 miners the 90-95-100-110 can be group together and listed as one, so just keep that in mind. I’d also recommend seeing if the Bitmain has a low power mode first. Good luck mate!

1 Like

As always thank u for your useful reply :slight_smile:

Yes I’m already at their telegram, and admin send me file for the hydro miner, Tho i didnt get any info of, if there should be any difference in the control board, but after making this post, I see that it seems like the hydro’s only are sold with one type of board :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Actually the hash rate is not really a big concern, effectively is, I saw a YouTube how, with their software, bring a s19 (air cooled) from 0,032j/h
To 0,022j/h
I hope to make it profitable by that, and using solar and regenerate heat to our central heating system(as mentioned in other threads) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you able to share a link of that video? I can’t find anything showing anything that changes that drastically and would love to see it!

In my experience the best I’ve been able to achieve is 29 watts/th to 23 with a S19 j pro 104th model but that’s essentially bringing it down to under 1kw power consumption. I’d be extremely surprised if you could bring a 95th model to 22 watts at any th point

Hey Shredz
After looking it up, ive been a bit off when we talk the specifics

I’ve attached to screenshots of the video i was referring to :slight_smile:

And the link is here: Underclocking is the New Overclocking; Efficiency Firmware for Bitmain S19 - YouTube

1 Like

All good mate! looking forward to you posting more updates. I am currently trying to see how hot I can get water from my L7, I just 3D printed a Venturi pump to recycle water from a 20 liter water drum (for testing) but as soon as it finished printing I realized I need to add a second outlet for it to recycle properly. Should be an interesting project!

I’m not surprised to see the underclocking hitting ASIC miners it was a big thing with GPU mining where efficiency was prioritized over raw hashrate. The bottom line is you want as much hash for as few watts unless you have free watts and there is no limit on the watts available to use.

1 Like