S19J Pro doesn't come up

I’ve got an S19 that has stopped working.
It powers up but the fans stay at 100% and while I get a link and blink on the network port, the IP never replies to a ping.
Energy meter has it sitting on a flat 840W.
I’m hoping for something easy like a dead control board - seeing as I’m not appearing to get fan control or network respose.
Sticker on the top says teh control board is IO+BB. All the others are AMLogic. Can I use any control board or does it have to be the same?

Thanks

Do you have another control board flashed to S19 J pro firmware you can plug into that machine and see if it runs?

Sorry I just re read your post, I think you can plug in an amlogic board if it’s flashed to the right firmware, my s19 j pro came with an amlogic board and I put a 7007 board into it. Beaglebone boards, I don’t have one but I think it has a SD card slot underneath the cover? Can you try flashing it back to the recovery firmware which is on Bitmains site

Get a micro SD card and make sure its empty and formatted to Fat32, download this

extract all the contents of the zip file to a micro SD card, I have a feeling you need a card thats under 16gb. then you need to unplug some cables connected to the control board, I’ll go take a quick photo of mine to show you

It wont look exactly the same because we have different control boards but unplug the hash boards, Ethernet, and the other little white cable, put the SD card in and then turn it on. You should get a solid green light next to the Ethernet within a minute at most, which means it’s successfully flashed back. Then turn it off, take out the SD card and plug everything back in, boot it up and see what happens

1 Like

Golly. I hadn;t seem any reference to pulling the cables. I gave it a crack earlier but all I have are 32GB SD Cards currently. It didn’t do much of anything. I’ll try it tomrrow on a smaller card when I can get one and pull some cables out.
Ordered a new BB control board today just to be prepared…
Thanks

Should also clarify it should be a solid green light without the red light. Lettuce know how you go

So an update on the S19 that is sad. It’s been in the corner powered down for a couple of days. Thought I’d fire it and and see what happens. Comes up just fine. Changed the pool setting and it’s hashing. Rebooted it to make sure the setting sticks like Vosk said to do - ‘and it’s gone’ (for the Southpark fans). Back to dead.
So while I wait for my new control board to arrive, who can tell me what to do when it gets here. Do I bang it in and turn it on, or do I need to flash it with the s19J Pro SD card before connecting all the plugs to the hashboards? Or something else?

I’m assuming you just ordered a Xilinx board? I think you can put the board in and load it up and it’ll say what firmware is on there. If it’s not S19 j pro firmware then you’ll have to flash it. I got some directly from Bitmain and I’m pretty sure it was just S19 firmware. Have you put in another control board from one of your other J pros just to confirm it is indeed the control board?

The other 2 have Amlogic boards - so there would be no slot for the SD card on the cover and generally makes me feel aprehensive about trying that. I got a new BB board on the way from random Aliexpress seller as Zeus Mining couldn’t process my phone number so the order wouldn’t process.
So I’ll just stand by for a package…

1 Like

We apologize for being unable to provide you with satisfactory service during the website system upgrade process. These issues have been resolved and will not occur again. Hope to be able to work together next time.