Scammed? Bitmain APW7 1800W Power Supply for Bitmain Antminer (APW7-12-1800)

I just received Bitmain APW7 1800W Power Supply for Bitmain Antminer (APW7-12-1800) and it won’t turn on. I have 120v and wasn’t planning on maxing it out as I know 120v is 1200 watts and that it’s recommended to only use 80%. Since this isn’t powering on does that mean that it’s too much for my 120v outlet or is it a dead PSU and this eBay seller scammed me?

Can we get some more information? What did you try to power with it?

Even if it was posted as a 110/120v device does not mean it really is. Most of the BitMain PSU can handle a low voltage 110/120v, but if it is a knock off it may only be designed around 220V. you should try to plug in 220 and see what it does.

I think it’s only compatible with a 220v plug according to bitmain website info on this specific PSU, but I don’t have 220v anywhere in house to test it. I’m considering buying a device to test if it works. Either way I did receive a refund from the seller because it would not power on. I have another bitmain device that works fine at 750 watts and I decided to order the evga supernova 850 watt gold PSU from Amazon to get my other mini doge miners up. It’s becoming an addiction for sure lol

Thanks for the info I just feel fortunate to have received a refund because his eBay account says no returns but I’m going to try to test it otherwise I don’t understand why someone would waste their time and money to ship something that doesn’t work and that they end up refunding anyway