Scammed (VoskCoin Drop)

I was scammed last night when purchasing 2 VoskCoin minidoge Miners. I asked a question in the GoldShell Telegram chat because I was having an issue within the GoldShell site with my order and this user @jayoheel messaged me and asked why I was looking at the mini doge miners. We proceeded to have a discussion about mining, etc. He then says if you need help message a GoldShell Admin and sent me the document

I then messaged this user @GSNeverDmsYou and they proceeded to say they could fix the issue and sent me this QR code

and said once I send the funds there I could refresh my dashboard and my order would show up. That never happened obviously! This definitely sucks but hope that it will help anyone out in the future who is kind of new to the mining game.

Thank you for sharing. So nice of you to let others know. Appreciate that

Thanks for this information. This is why I have been purchasing most of my miners through Newegg and Ebay at higher prices - as a way to have some purchase protection. Being pretty new to this as well, I’m slowly starting to learn how to buy with Crypto and was able to order one of the Tails Mini Doge yesterday on Goldshells site.

I also set up an account with Goldshell so whenever I look at purchasing, I always login and ensure my info is correct on their site to ensure I’m not on a fake site. Also, most legitimate sites including Newegg, Ebay, and Goldshell have made it more difficult to order miners. For example, with Newegg, I have to notify my credit card ahead of time for a large purchase amount otherwise, my credit card is declined due to fraud.

Goldshell has a payment test option where you can buy a $1 test, put it into you cart and check out. You will be linked to Coinbase to pay and just before sending your $1 you can cancel, or you can submit the test and actually pay the $1 to Goldshell (I did this to learn). Paying through Coinbase directly while linked with Goldshell really brings down the stress for me - I feel like you can’t mess up the purchase.

One last thing, customer service on all these sites is painfully slow - 24-72 hours by email in most cases. So, it’s a red flag if someone reaches out to you to offer help - no one does this!

Yes, this is exactly what I do. Verify my information is correct and even look at my past purchase history to verify 100% I am on the true Goldshell site. Good tip on the $1 test as well. I didn’t think about that.

Thanks for the response. I will do that next time for sure. Scammers suck!!

I will definitely be more cautious next time. Sucks Me and the wifey miss out on a Tails Mini Doge, smh

I would have gotten scammed to … that really socks

damn that sucks sorry to hear that

Lmao!! That hilarious, nice work, appreciate the info.

This will sound dumb but use Klarna on Newegg and set up rewards through Klarna and you’ll get $5 dollars every $250 payment made and no interest if you do the 4 payments. You can pay a payment every day to pay it off and you don’t have to worry about messing up your cards.

1 Like

Thanks man I will check this out

1 Like