Should I buy a miner now or wait a few months?

Hi everyone, I’m a Crypto newbie and I have only been in since February. I have gone down the YouTube rabbit hole over the past 4 months for mining and I definitely want to start. My question is, should I wait for a possible bear market in several months before buying a miner? I am not a computer guru so I am looking at ASICS and not cpu or gpu rigs. I know anything can happen, and I know all comments contain no financial advice. I see markups for 3rd party sellers which create a break even point of over a year at current values and I just want other people’s opinions and thoughts. Any info or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

1 Like

I just don’t get some ppl.
If you wait and wait and wait for other ppl to tell you what to do, NOTHING ever gets done !
Successful ppl DO, what other ppl are still talking about.
Not trying to be rude, but if you are not mining NOW, then don’t start in a few months.
The shortage will not go away, and when ETH goes to POS, all the hashrate has to go
somewhere. Why wait a few months and then compete with an army of miners who flood
all other projects ?
If you are new and look for Asics, then don’t look for ETH, they will be pretty much obsolete
in a few months. Go with BTC asics, they are a safe bet.
My point is, no one knows what the future holds, so why ask about something no one has an
answer for ?
With all the money printing of the gov. the prices are sure to go up even further. Worst case you hedge your bet against inflation. What is there to loose ? Wtf is there to wait for ?
Take back control of your own life and make a decision. If the outcome is not what you expected (which some ppl mistakenly call a mistake) , you learn a lesson and have the opportunity to claryfy what you really want. You then make a new decision.
If you wait for other ppl to tell you what to do, you’re never in control of your life !
So, please, make a decision based on the best ability and based on the best research you can do, but
at some point you have to make it. It doesn’t matter whether or not you turn out to be right. You don’t have to be right all the time, not even 51% of the time. You only have to be right ONCE !

16 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

i have a few sealed brand new in the box
shipped from florida
i can help u setup online which is pretty straight forward im asking $1150 each with psu
let me know if your interested .gluck

1 Like

what kind of asics are these speedy ? looks like LTC/Doge ?

1 Like

yes sir ltc/doge LBC and STC

Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it! I definitely will be purchasing several miners in the near future, I was just wondering if waiting a few months might help with roi. Why pay the extra money if I can save a decent amount of mining income by holding off a couple of months. Why pay $1150 for a $750 miner that makes a few bucks a day and will take over a year to roi? Obviously you can’t wait forever, but there’s nothing wrong with weighing options and asking peoples opinions and experiences. Look at miner and card prices from a year ago…huge difference from now. I am just trying to be smart about it and hopefully save a little money to be able to reinvest back into it. Nobody can predict where the prices will go, I was just thinking maybe I save 6 months of income by waiting 2 months. As I said, I am fairly new to this, but I don’t need to fomo in. I appreciate your opinions and suggestions.

2 Likes

prices are going to be going up not down as long as more people get into crypto which it has by millions then your going to be late in the late game theres going to be tons of millionaires why your sitting back saying you wish you got in . my brother in law told me to get in about 4 years ago into crypto and i didnt listen i missed doge and now i hit big on shiba . i regret not mining bitcoin i would be a rich right now .
you gotta figure out what you wanna do a year in crypto is like 10 years in realtime. i can careless weither you buy my miners i had to pay for the item converting my crypto and pay duty tax(tariiff) and the main reason is because there sold out and you cant find them . btw my miners made enough to buy more miners

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Ive never felt so slapped in the face, then helped up, dusted off, and motivated.
This post. :ok_hand::ok_hand::fire::fire:
Thank you for your words of wisdom.

6 Likes

Buy now and thank me later. I procrastinated on KD5 only to see it go up to 40K from 18K

3 Likes

We all create our own future. Just wanted to point out that the time to ask anyone for permission is over. If ppl don’t take their own desires back into their own hands, then of course things will turn out against us.
I for one know where this is going and the time to take back our power, but also responsibility, is NOW.
Don’t EVER wait for a perfect moment or a perfect plan. It will NEVER come.
10% of a perfect plan, executed NOW will always win over a perfect plan never executed !
At some point you have to wake up and take the responsibility for your own decisions. Because its the only way you’ll ever be free.
I know, that in a few years from now, there will be no Gov, no bank and no insurance company left standing ! I don’t know the exact moment it will manifest, but I know this is my plan (and I don’t give a shit about current prices or circumstances). All I need to know is, this is my plan, and it will happen, no matter what. Take back your financial power NOW, and don’t ever wait for others to do it for you !

6 Likes

I understand your position. But please realize that you are the creator of your life. You have to always act NOW. Waiting is a regression and will always hurt you. The prices will not come down. Once the ppl realize that BTC and a few other cryptos are a lifeboat, the prices will explode. The banks know they are finished, why do you think they try so hard to destroy everything before the ppl make that realization ?
They will through everything at this to no avail. Once the ppl take their power back, its over for them.
You have to figure out which project you want to see succeed. Forget about prices, the prices will almost never fit your desire. The sooner you act, the sooner this will be over !

5 Likes

Hey speedy, I understand you’re trying to make money. I’m not knocking you directly, you put the money out upfront and are holding the product until it sells, the risk is all on you. I was just saying it’s hard to look at price differences and payout schedule and not wonder if a possible bear market would bring lower miner prices. No offense was meant. Thanks for your opinions and suggestions. I may be a future customer once I get everything lined up.

1 Like

For beginning asic mining I suggest goldshell. Goldshell is out of product now, except for the CK-5, which is not a great rig for a newbie. You can still order many of their miners, however, from one of their top clients at the dxpool shop. The prices are just a little higher than ordering from Goldshell direct. Here is their link Products – DxShop

1 Like

Completely agree. Just ordered my first new miner from Bitmain this week. Landed a S19 Pro (104TH). The two S9’s I picked up off Ebay last month were great to learn with, now it’s time to scale.

1 Like

Like in the gold rush, the people making the most money are the ones selling shovels! In my humble opinion, mining crypto profitably requires such a large investment in equipment and facility (or even colo) that translates into the risk level, that to really pursue passive income in crypto, you are better off investing, trading and participating in defi (ie lending). It’s like in any business. Do you want to start and grow a business, of which 95% fail in the first couple of years) or invest in someone who is already profitable? You might even catch Vosk, Inc’s IPO :smile:

1 Like

Yes - when is Vosk going to issue his own token? If Dogecoin can do it Vosk can do it!

1 Like

When I first started reading, I was like, what a jerk! But as I read on you are 100% correct and it was something I needed to hear. Been in the space for about a year now and keep trying to figure out the best time to do a certain thing, whether it’s mining or NFTs I have been super guilty of exactly what you are saying!! :woman_facepalming: I’ve been sitting in some money and every day I’ve been waffling on what to do with it. So thank you for the come to Jesus, you made my day!!! This is me acting instead of waiting!!:wink:

1 Like

Hey im south Africa how can i get those