Should I start GPU mining in 2022?

Recently started mining with a small ASIC and really enjoying it. NOw I am considering building a small 6GPU rig but not sure if it worth it considering eth 2.0. What do you think? recommended or should I wait?

thanks!

Javier, check on online mining pool to see how much your 6 GPU will get you in other forms of crypto. Remember lots of other projects out there, ETH is not the only GPU POW coin. It is just the most well known.

2 Likes

it depends on what coin you gonna use it for, but you need to get the best GPU for you o get the best of what you want to achieve, I think research and getting more idea about it would help you a lot, you can start whenever you want as long as you are ready for the risk.

Given the looming prospect of ETH2.0 hanging over GPU mining due in June. You probably will not get your money back. Prices of GPU’s are too high and will fall dramatically if ETH 2.0 happens. You might have only a few months of good profitability. Of course you could take the gamble and bet the ETH 2.0 will get pushed back.

2 Likes

I don’t think prices of GPUs will ever fall dramatically, regardless of ETH 2.0. Too many other coins out there that everyone will switch to, as other coins are even more profitable even with ETH around still.

Worst comes to worst if the mining rig doesn’t pay off you could always make a kick ass gaming PC

1 Like

Interested on starting GPU mining. I want to build a rig with one GPU and grow from them. Any tips? Nvidia or AMD?

Thanks!