Solar + Batteries Bitcoin Mining

Hey Folks, does anyone has experience running a full solar energy mining BItcoin?
Is it possible, any downsides to consider?
We are talking about 300-500 miners (S19)
Thanks in advance

Takes about 45 400W panels to supply enough power for one 3000W ASIC. You do the math, lol.

1 Like

Can you give update? Thanks

At this point in time, energy storage and btc mining are definitely not worth it. If you can grid tie with 1:1 import:export then that is the best way. It takes a TON of solar to power one miner as shown above. I just did a LOT of solar for a residential area and there’s no way I would ever even consider using storage for mining. There may be some edge cases, but I’d like to see one if someone can bring one to light.

2 Likes

I think it could be pulled off with gpus, or with lower power asics like jasminers/goldshells

1 Like

I think it depends on where you are based, the upfront cost of it which also depends on your location and how much solar you can produce. This one in the article below is based in my state and at the time of writing they seemed to think they could mine 100 bitcoins per year which means they would be running roughly 90,000TH. It says it is also grid tied and I know there is also hydro in that area so I wonder if they try to use that also at night. I’m pretty sure there is another one in New South Wales and I thought I heard it went bust

Australia’s first solar-powered cryptocurrency-mining center to combat curtailment – pv magazine International (pv-magazine.com)

1 Like