This is a weekly update on all the interesting news in the mining industry by
WariHash.com. Thanks to Voskcoin for letting us post this here. If you’d
like to receive this through your email, sign up for our newsletter
here: Newsletter Signup
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) experienced its halving event on Wednesday morning Eastern Time, reducing its block reward to 6.25 BCH. The second block in the halving took two hours to generate, as miners dropped off in anticipation of the event, but the chain is now progressing normally. Hashrate has also dropped by half from roughly 4 exahashes to 2 exahashes as expected.
- As of this writing, the Bitcoin SV (BSV) halving is expected to occur Thursday 4/9 at around midnight Eastern time.
- Ultra Mining, a cloud mining company, has been ordered to shut down by US state regulators for promising “eye-opening” returns and selling illegal securities. According to the order, these investments in hashing power can be classified as securities. Check out our article on the difference between a hash market like WariHash and cloud mining schemes.
- Veil and Ravencoin are reportedly adopting ProgPow for their mining algorithm.
- Matt D’Souza of Blockware Solutions continues his podcast circuit, this time sitting down with host and “mining bull” Marty Bent from Bitcoin podcast Tales from the Crypt.