Two new Goldshell Mini Doge cannot setup

No dice. Same problem

How are you connecting them? Is it with “extender” or a network switch directly to your existing modem or router? Seems like most of the “issues” reported here on forum are either Firmware or Network Hardware related. So, in your case I would start by troubleshooting network setup in general. Maybe even disconnect everything else and only connect “troubled” miners one-by-one to see if there’s any difference…

Plugging directly into router. Router is assigning IP addresses and devices are showing in Advanced IP scanner. You just cannot connect to them, ping the IP addresses, etc. definitely not network issue. Already have two running perfectly, connected to same router.

Have you checked on the router dashboard to confirm the correct ip addresses? What is advanced ip scanner? Is that an app?

Any resolution to this issue?
I just got my mini-doge today
it shows up on the findgoldshell site, shows up on Yotta BC.
when I attempt to access the admin page I get a time out.
have a solid green power, and flashing blue network light.

beside of some firmware issues with the minidoge I discovered that my old network switch caused some connecting issues. bought a new one and all is running stable since.

Has the problem been rectified yet? I’m having issues with the last batch of HS-Boxes.

I had to send mine back. They’re still in China to be repaired. There is definitely a problem with some of these mini doge miners allowing connection.

Hungh, I guess that is good, do you think so?

just got my mini doge, same issue, no software in ip address. find.goldshell shows up, but get “site cant be reached”. is there a way to fix? network is fine, have a hns miner that works good

Have similar issues. I cant get to access the IP address. All other boxes work fine.

Just got my first miner (mini doge) today and have the same issue.
Not impressed. Did you get a fix or did you end up sending it back to Goldshell?

30 min later and it just shuts down every time now :frowning: Just sent Goldshell an email with photos and video.

There have been a lot of posts about this lately. If your mini doge came with a small antenna then it is the wifi version. For some reason these don’t like to work with connecting a cable to them when you first set them up. So set them up via wifi first. If you then want to use a cat5 cable just turn wifi off after you’ve set it up and cable will then work. See details about setup in this post…

2 Likes

Yes its a wifi version. Problem is that It keeps on shutting down after 30 - 45 seconds after turning on :frowning:
So I cant get as far as setting it up now.

Managed to fight my way to pool configuration now by constantly pressing reset button.

It gives me 10 seconds to work before shutting down again. Then resetting again every time.

Update: For the last 7 hours I have not been able to get my pool settings done. Keeps shutting down. Took over 230 resets to get this far and im knackered. What a joke.

Update: I took mini doge to my shop and worked, was able to configure, brought back home works fine, but my router(centurylink) is blocking something, but at work(cox) find.goldshell,com, I’m able to log n configure

Thank you for this post! This was exactly the problem for me and I followed your instructions and that worked.

1 Like

I just got my VoskCoin Mini-Doge today and it’s doing the same thing as your describing - will only connect for 5-10 seconds after a reset then loses connection to the network. My other Goldshell Boxes don’t do this. It’s a bummer that Goldshell does not fix this or provide a solution before they are sold.

I solved my issue - used a different network and it connected with no issues. So these boxes are finicky especially when first setting up. Once set up, you can then transfer to your network and it should work fine. I also see that the Mini-Doge has 3 power settings like the X5, high med, low - interesting.

I have 2 that I bought at different times in the last couple months. I had no issues setting up at all using f2pool. Got them up and running within a couple minutes. Just depends on what internet and or routers you use I guess. Just don’t panic lol. Good luck!