Type of plug to get for USA ASIC Box?

I was looking at purchasing an ASIC box but it’s asking what type of plug to choose. The list is A, B, C, D, E, F, G, I

This would be used in the USA, how can you tell which plug to choose?

Thank you.

We have no clue what ASIC you have. Some are 110/115V and some are 220/240V AC…

Typical USA plug for 110/115V is like this pic

Thanks for the picture…

US is Type B. Most ASIC use 240v.

The actually power supply to the Asics miner is dc as it is a more stable voltage apposed to ac. That’s why you have a power supply to convert the AC to DC.

Most crypto miners use a PDU and c13 to c14 plugs from the pdu to the Asics. If your pdu is 120v it will have a standard plug on it if it’s 240v the plug will usually be a nema l6-30p

Thanks for all of the information. This is the first ASIC miner that I am trying to purchase. As far as the electrician, I need them to run a 240-volt line and a 30 amp outlet. But If I am going to have multiple ASIC miners, how would I calculate how many 30 amp outlets that I need?

How many Asics you can plug into one 30amp circuit depends on the Asics s9’s you could do 3 per circuit s19 just one.

Now if you got the electrician to run a 10 gauge 40amp circuit you could have more on each circuit.

30amp @ 80% is 24amps.
40amp @ 80% is 32amps.

For every 10amps takeaway 2 amps to get the 80% rule.

1 Like

you will want to get a L6-30R receptacle installed with a 30Amp 220V breaker. You will then want to get a PDU with a L6-30P plug and C14 and C19 plugs. Will cover any miner you may purchase. Just make sure your PDU is a 30AMP PDU

1 Like

Ok, if I understand correctly if I get two ASIC miners that use 3,200 watts (uses about 14 amps) then on one 30 amp plug I can plug in two ASIC minters.

As I add more ASIC miners, I would add additional 30 amp plugs (or 40 amp)…

Am I in the right direction?
Thank you.

Remember the 80% rule. If you have a 30 amp breaker, you should not be pulling more than 24 amps. So 2 asics that pull 14 amps each is too much and not safe for a 30 amp breaker. Same 80% rule if you are looking at watts. Don’t create a safety issue or burn down your house over this, follow the 80% rule.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

Nema 14-50 is the way to go, with a 50 or 60 amp breaker. You can get the cable from asicminerpanels.

So the L6-30P plugs into the L6-30R receptacle? I was assuming it would have to plug into a L6-30P receptacle if that even exists. I am a rookie so thank you for your advice. My electrician just installed a L6-30R receptacle and I am planning on getting a S19.

Did you mean C13 and C19 plugs? I dont see many with C14.

Probably. The R stands for Receptacle and the P stands for Plug

1 Like

Thanks so much! Im shopping for a PDU and it seems they are all overpriced or unavailable. Do you know a simple model that I can look for from Tripp Lite? I’m only gonna run one S19 on it.

Good luck with Tripp Lite. Everything I’ve seen is either out of stock or discontinued. I currently run my S19 on these guys metered PDU. Nerd Gearz 30A 240V Metered PDU (Grade SS)

1 Like

watts of miners * how many desired / voltage (240v) * 1.2 is breaker amperage needed.

so If i want to run 5 goldshell KD5: 2250 watts * 5 = 11,250 watts / 240 = 46.875 draw * 1.2 = 56.25 Amps breaker capacity. so in this example 2 30 amp breakers and outlets.

you can only pull 805 of the breaker rating at your outlet, so 30 amps gets you 24 amps that are safe to use.

No, the most power you can safely pull from a 30 amp breaker or outlet is 24 amps. you need a 20% safety margin, see my other reply.

1 Like

Thanks, does the S19 only need a C13 to C14 plug for the PDU? I see the PDU link you put only has those plugs on it and no C19.