USB Miners on HiveOS or other OS

Hey miners!

I have a quick question, i’ve been searching online about this but seems i’m the only one wondering?lol

I have some FutureBit Moonlander 2 and GekkoScience 2pac and NewPac laying around and i’m making this a Father-Daughter project where i would like to solo mine with these. I have all the hardware needed to mine with them, but out of curiosity i was wondering if HiveOS or any other mining OS would recognize the USB Miners and use them as if they were normal ASICS or GPUs that were connected to the computer…?

I have an extra RPI4 laying around that i could use, but if i can just setup another GPU mining rig and have the usb miners connected to it aswell it would make for an awesome little mixed rig.

Thanks for your time and feel free to tag me in the comments, i’ll make sure to keep an eye on every comment for interesting conversations!

cheers!

2 Likes

I think you have to use windows for USB miners, according to the setup procedure. They use CGminer and they install it on windows.

2 Likes

they can be used with CGMiner on Linux aswell so that’s why i was wondering if it would work haha Thanks for your reply!

2 Likes