Using Unminable 25mh rate Home Computer

Hello

I am a total newb. I started out a few months ago using my home computer with unmineable software to mine Solana or at least that how I get paid out to my wallet. It does not make generate a ton but since my computer is running 24 hours a day anyways I figured why not. The question. Is there a better way to use my home computer for this. Is there better software for gpu mining. I would love to get into mining but for me it will be baby steps hehe since I am a carpenter and not a programmer. I would like to do a mini ant miner or set up a better gpu mining set upsomeday. Trial by fire I guess. I appreciate the community and what Vosk has set up. Thank you for your time, efforts, and information.

1 Like

It will depend on what kind of hardware the home computer has and what coin(s) or token(s) you are wanting to earn/mine. I can’t speak to how good it is vs Unminable but NiceHash pays out in BTC no matter what the hardware is mining. So the short answer there are options but it is more about your goals and equipment.

Yep I started off on NiceHash and got me some nice little returns of BTC till I started watching more videos on YouTube about GPU mining. (I now have four GPUs and also a few ASIC miners) it’s actually really simple to start up mining on you’re GPU. I prefer TRex Miner since I have all Nvidia GPUs and it was the easiest for me to learn from zero knowledge. It’s literally editing the file for your mining pool and wallet, then just double click and it’ll do the rest. You then can start getting into tuning the GPU etc etc. but it’s a good start. Unmineable isn’t bad just like NiceHash because it’s one click solutions to get you into the deep dark abyss of mining :smiling_imp: haha. Once you feel comfortable branch out different software if you want and different mining pools. See what works for you. Pools like ZergPool and 2Miners pay out different coins while you mine ETH whole other pools just straight pay you what you’re mining. Any questions I’ll offer the smaller amount of knowledge I have compared to the heavy hitters on here. We all started where you were so no question is too dumb.

Thanks
Doug

Thank you for the response and information. Greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated.

1 Like