VoskCoin Advertising a Scam?

I noticed that VoskCoin did a paid endorsement for “Revolution Mining” recently. This Mining-As-a-Service company is very new, and has very little of an online presence.

The company states they’ve been around since 2021, but the internet archive shows no website updates before March of this year. Their “blog” entries must be backdated to try to look like they’ve been around since 2021.

They state to have a Wyoming mining site running for years, but there is no proof or history of its existence. They say this is because it is “not for the public”, but it’s mega sus.

What if your community gets scammed?

1 Like

Hi there! My name is Ed and I’m one of the founders of Revolution Mining. First off, kudos to you for doing your own research online! This is the best thing to do when searching for a reputable ASIC hosting company and I recommend everyone does the same. I’ll try my best to answer all of your questions, but If there’s anything I leave out or if something isn’t clear please let me know! With that said, let’s get to answering your questions:

Revolution Mining was founded in 2021 by myself and my partner Tadeh, which Vosk clearly mentions in his video (at the 2:23 mark) here.

We’re still a relatively new hosting company and have only been around for 2 years which is very young. We’ve accomplished quite a lot in the past 2 years, going from a home-garage mining operation to deploying hundreds of ASICS globally and purchasing our own 15 megawatt mining facility in Texas.

Our first blog was posted to our website on 6/1/2021 titled “How to decide which cryptocurrencies to mine in 2022“. The blog post is from 2021 and I’ve included a link to our blog below. This first post is on page 5 of the blog here:

Our company was formed in 2021 not 2011. Also, our first blog post was made in 2021, not 2011. In fact, you can see all of our blog posts on our website along with the dates which they were posted.

Along with our Texas facility, we’re also working on our Wyoming site which we’ll make available to the public once it nears completion. We don’t have a Wisconsin site and we’ve certainly never operated a Wisconsin site. Our official locations are listed on our website under “Hosting”, which is only Texas and Wyoming (which is not available yet)

We’re actively engaging with the crypto-mining community and building our online presence, which is exactly why we teamed up with VoskCoin! Personally, I’ve been a long-time viewer of the VoskCoin channel and credit Vosk for his honest and transparent videos that have helped us navigate though the world of crypto-mining and helped us launch Revolution Mining from an idea into a reality.

To me, VoskCoin is one of the most trusted names in the crypto-mining space and we’re super excited to have had the opportunity to work with him and the entire team, so a big shout-out to them!

Please let me know if there’s anything I left out and I’ll be happy to answer. Alternatively, you can schedule a video call with us from our website and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have one on one. We’ll also be at Mining Disrupt in Miami from July 25th -27th at booth #18 - so please feel free to stop by and say hi if you’re in town!

5 Likes

Hey voskcoin when you go on the tour please take photos and videos if its allowed thank you…cheers

1 Like

Sounds great! 15 megawatts is insane lol

1 Like

You didn’t mention why your 2021 blog entries are back-dated. Very sus to skip that. Your website didn’t exist before 2023.

You’re not registered with ERCOT. What are your registered ERCOT “Short Name” and “DUNS Number”? This is publicly available information, so making an excuse and not disclosing this proof of participation is a huge red flag.

Note that ERCOT registration information is never removed from public access, with records going back as far as 2013.

6.9c is great and all until you start adding all the Nickel and dime fees! $175 to “setup and install”… what a joke! Takes what… a few minutes to put it on a shelf and add it to foreman?

Hi @Definitely, sorry I missed that. Even though our website was officially launched in 2023, our tech team has been working on the website including the blog posts since 2021, which is the reason why some blog posts are dated back from 2021. Regarding ERCOT, the way it works in Texas is that companies must have a power management company purchase energy on their behalf. We are signed with Priority Power, one of the largest power management companies in Texas, and they deal with everything ERCOT related on our behalf. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to answer!

Hi @The_Jackson_4 - the $175 setup fee is only if ship us your existing ASICS to us. If you purchase your ASIC directly from us, the setup fee is only $25. The reason for this is used ASICS that are sent to us from other facilities tend to have more problems during the onboarding process compared to brand new machines that are purchased through us. We’ve seen ASICS arrive with the typical issues (dirty hash boards, inoperable fans, under hashing issues, power, temperature, and rebooting issues). All of this results in more time spent by our techs to onboard the machine, which is why the setup fee is $175 when you ship us your ASIC vs just $25 when you purchase your ASIC through us. I hope this makes more sense, please let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks @Budgetminer! Yes, 15MW is lots of power. That’s enough electricity to power 6,000 homes for an entire year!

1 Like

Oh so if I buy let say one of your xp 141’s for $4850 (only $1485 more than my supplier) I would save $150…

Or I can send a miner that has all those problems and you will fix them for the $175 setup fee…. Or is that extra….

@VoskCoin can film anything he wants, that will definitely be okay with us!