VoskCoin Solar Powered Crypto Mining Farm Build Plan! ☀️ Input Needed!

You are right about the battery backup. They are very expensive and they are designed to run a house that is on solar at night or during a power outage. They supply enough power for refrigerators, lights, and a few other low watt items. They’ll need recharging soon running a couple of S19s. Check with your state before you decide which panels and inverter to buy. In my state WA, since I purchased my panels and rest of system from WA state manufacturers I get a check from the state every year for 8 years based on my production. And since I’m on the grid my county power company pays me if I don’t use all the power produced. This wouldn’t work if you want to be off the grid.

Congrats and thanks for letting us watch your journey through your vlogs on youtube.
When you mentioned 12 cents per KWH, I was thinking you could get a LLC business license for your miners and that will get you industrial/commercial pricing for electricity for the garage/barn you will store the miners. That should only be 4-5 cents per KWH. just a thought you can take into consideration…

1 Like

Colin;

You are absolutely correct on ALL counts. However, I had to RMA 8 out of 14 Enphase microinverters, before I sold my house in June 2018. And, just two weeks ago, I started getting notices from the Enphase Envoy about additional inverter failures. I guess that the new owner had finally reconnected it to the internet. So, I contacted him, and gave him the login, to “take ownership”.

On a separate/unrelated note, when I saw all the trees on his 50-acres, I sent Vosk a PM with a link to a video by Engineer775, from 5 or 6 years ago. He had a tool called Pathfinder. It will help with pointing the array(s) towards SOLAR South, and then indicate which trees need to get cut down.

Curtis

When I lived in Wyoming, Black Hills Energy bought at WHOLESALE, and sold at RETAIL. :frowning:

cbalbrecht,

Wow, you had to RMA 8 out of 14 Enphase microinverters. How long did you have them before you started running into issues?

They were first installed in 2010. But, something didn’t “seem” right. So, I installed the Envoy in 2011, and one by one, they all started going bad. Fortunately I have a college Degree in Electricity and Electronics. That gave me the know how to perform the replacements myself. But, getting the RMA was the hard part. I had to be a thorn in Enphase’s rear end, and force them to classified me as an installer. Why? Because their policy is to not take calls from end users. From there, I was able to get the RMA’s and replace them. If you go to maps.google.com and copy/paste these GPS coordinates in (41.144796, -104.836695), you will see the 14 panels. I haven’t used microinverters since. https://youtu.be/AmMXL_8XcYs

I wonder if the output of your panels was too much for the microinverters to handle. What are you using now, DC Power Optimizers?

If memory serves, the panels were 230W REC brand, and well within the specs of the microinverters. But, that was so long ago, that I can’t remember the model numbers. So, I can’t show you here, in this thread.

Today? When I sold my house in Wyoming (15JUN18), I moved to the Philippines. I’m running a SUN-G 5kW (SUN-5KW-G) STRING inverter, with a mix of Trina 360W (TSM-360DD14A (II)) and JA SOLAR 405W (JAM72S10-405/MR) panels, 6,660W total.

if you can document income, you can finance this entire project including land/ home construction and solar with no down payment or a very little down payment depending on a few different variables. also any cost you do have to put out of pocket like initial engineering permits etc…you get reimbursed at closing/initial funding. I have done many of these and i too am now looking for my own land to do the same. if you feel that might be an option for you guys , just let me know any way i can help.

the entire process from start to finish would be around 6months possibly less. meaning if you were to start first of the year you would be moving in around may or june.

On the solar, another option i personally just started investigating as sort of offshoot to tesla roof , is w/ roof upgrade to metal vs asphalt. from there an easy diy solar install would be installing flexible solar strips in between the metal roofing seams (https://www.amazon.com/Uni-Solar-PVL-136-PowerBond-216-Inch-15-5-Inch/dp/B002MWFFWM/)

obviously some more research would be needed to compare solar output to see if its worth it. but it definitely would be much easier install bc the flexible panels are peel and stick and hurricane wind rated. so you just put them on run connectors to the roof ridge line, then make all the connections , run main feeds on ridgeline to panel; and cover it all with the ridge cap.

there is also a company in astonia https://roofit.solar/ that fabricates all in one system but my guess is it wouldnt be worth having them shipped here, heres a you tube(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycs4Rtd2Zpo)

the hydro is def something i’m interested in too, first thing that popped into my mind was an episode of homestead rescue where they made a water wheel that supplied an entire house and general store. building a dam has some promising potential too, especially valley dam, given the property has the characteristics.

again if i can help out in anyway let me know. and keep us posted on the progress