VoskCoin Solar Powered Crypto Mining Farm Build Plan! ☀️ Input Needed!

Fun idea that probably is stressful af anyways lol, have a small section for people willing to rent their miners, but that’s gonna be a pain to work out smoothly, cool if it works out

Do you have different rates for time of day or are you flat rate all day?
Do you still have net metering for solar back to the grid or did they take that away?
My solar got bumped out to January here, so I’m wasting the sothern hemishphere summer - but I’m probably more interested in the batteries smoothing me into night rate power all day then I am about solar. The batteries work consistently summer or winter so I should end up on an equivilent 8c USD rate all the time. The panels will just be a summer bonus when I can turn on more load…

Not sure where you are currently and what your plans are but here’s my 2cents. One s19 needs about 80kw every 24 hrs. You probably average 6ish sun hours a day during the year, more in summer less in winter. This means you need about a 15kw array to supply power for each miner. 18hrs of no sun would mean a bit over 60kwhr battery bank.

Server rack batteries can be bought for quite a bit less now than a year ago. 30.7kwhr preassembled battery bank for $9k.

That’s still 18k in batteries though for each miner. For me i would only do batteries if your utility is being greedy about net metering or you think they might in the future. You could use some in your personal house though.

Even if you don’t do batteries your best bang for the buck is over paneling. Panels are cheaper than batteries. That’s going to be a lot of panels so ground mount it is. You could probably diy the whole thing with a little help. It would make a great video too.

There are quite a few companies that will give you a fully designed system you can assemble yourself. Engineering and plans for permitting included. I just ordered my full system from the https://www.altestore.com/ for $25k with the plan package. 13.6kw roof mount with all hardware, panels&inverter. No batteries but its battery ready. You could go full ham on the diy route, it’s easier than you think, and assemble/ design it yourself. https://diysolarforum.com/ They have good resources on cheap panels & batteries.

Ps, look into immersion cooling for reducing continuous power draw. Im saving almost 10% power without the stock fans running on my s19s.

I have a hydro system ready to be built out…way more power then this video shows…still for sale until I have time to get it together. link is in another of my posts.

Hey GhostTiger,

I have the land for this set up ! I have already talked with Turbulent. The permits in putting this in is no big deal as I own the land where the water flows through and it was once used as hydro plant before. The gristmill that was there wash away in 1910. I can not get into this project right now as I am taking care of a family member, so the land is for sale…if it does not sell I will get it going when time permits.

FSBO Real Estate Listings: Buy or Sell a House | ForSaleByOwner

without batteries when the power goes out, so does yours.