Water Cooling Avalon Miner A1246

Hi everyone, I have something interesting to share to you all.

Recently I’ve bought a water cooling kit for my Avalon A1246 asic miner. Personally I find it confusing to install at first and today I am here to give everyone who is intending to install one of these conversion kits a rough idea on how to do it properly.

1. Start by clearing out your table if it is crowded with items, after that I strongly suggest you lay a
    rubber mat or anything soft that is easily cleanable afterwwards.

2. Gently place you miner on the table and remove the protective cover on the top and both sides
    together with the fans, you can leave the PSU on it . (Note there is a small thermal sensor at the top
    right of the front cover unplug it )

3. Start by removing the Data Cables then only the Power Rail, you should see 2 screws connecting
    the power rail to the hash board gently unscrew them (Really recommend a container for the screws)

4. Gently slide out the Hash Boards for the back of the miner and place them appart .

5. Now unscrew each of the screws that is holding the heat sync on the hahsboard, after the removal
    of screws gently slide the Black part of heat sync to remove it (Don’t pull the heat sync you might
    accidentaly pull an asic chip out !) For the heat sync behind the board it might be a little hard to pull
    apart but you can hold the top of the board where with power rail connecter is at to give it a small
    wedge. (Repeat for all other boards)

6. Figure out which side of the Water Block the Hash Board is going to be screwed on and apply
    sufficient amout of thermal paste on it (The water inlet/outlet most probly will be at the front)
    After you have aligned the Hash Board onto the water block you can put on the black colored heat
    sync on top of the hash board and screw them back on (Remeber to apply thermal paste on the
    black heat sync as well if they are thin) (Repeat for all other boards)

7. Gently slide the Hash Boards back into the miner and proceed to connect the Data cable and Power
    rail back on

8. This is optionable. Remove the thermo sensor on top right side of the front cover and plug it back
    into the control board this process will keep the miner on a green light afterwards, but it will run just
    as fine without it

9. Put the back cover on with the fans and plug them back in.

10. Assemble the radiator and the fittings ( Use hose clamps !) cut all hoses to length.

11. Fill the pump up with coolant (80% coolant 20% water) I am using car coolant any other will work,
    then bleed the system of air while the miner is turned off same time check for leaks.

12. No leaks then proceed to turn on the miner and enjoy

Thats it for this tutorial I hope it will help anyone out there. Feel free to ask me anthing that your not sure of . Peace out