What Am I Missing with Pool Profit Calculators

TLDR: f2pool has me at $0.42 a day profit with a pool hashrate of 135.59Th Trust pool has me at $0.93 a day profit at a pool hashrate of 19.63Th both include my elect cost. Am I missing something trust pool has 14% of f2pool’s hashing power. How is that more profitable for me?

With a long experience in crypto trading, I decided to start mining. Figured my 1st jump into mining, I didn’t want to invest too much. I picked up 2 mini doges 2s on sale, prior to the LTC halving event ($347 ea couldn’t say no). I have a unique situation that puts my electricity rate at $0.03 kw/h (TLTE). Caveat to that I cannot change the electrical infrastructure in my home, or build on the property. So, I figured with profitability at roughly $1.50 a day (f2pool at the time) between both units not a bad move or a terrible ROI. Especially when the plan is HoDL Doge Trade LTC. Been a few months my current profitability on f2pool is now a pitiful $0.42 a day. Looking at other pools and profitability calculators Trust pool has me putting up the same stats (equal amounts of LTC and DOGE) as f2pool however trust pool has my profitability at about $0.93 per day.

1 Like

Probably 2 things add up to the profitability that the pools offer

1:how quickly pools can switch to mine more profitable coins on that algorithm
2: mining pool fee

Regarding why trustpool has you receiving the exact same amount of ltc and doge per day - one of them likely has different value prices of either ltc, doge or the usd. Remember it’s only worth in dollars what you can sell it for on exchanges

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate your input, I wasn’t thinking of exchanges, pool rates, exchange rates, etc. Beyond that I feel like I am missing something obvious here; What do you mean by how quickly the pools can switch to mine more profitable coins on that algorithm. LTC and Doge are merge mined on both pools, it was my understanding it does both simultaneously? Are you saying they can mine other scrypt algorithm coins for better profit generation?

1 Like

Yep so I’m pretty sure it is always LTC + X, whether it’s doge or another coin some pools will switch if it’s more profitable and convert it to your preferred payment choice

2 Likes