What are good/bad sites or apps to buy computer parts?

Outside of Amazon and E-bay, where do people suggest shopping for parts? I tried 5Miles, but there wasn’t much around my area.

I’ve found some things on gumtree, second hand obviously, so it’s buyer beware as usual with these types of sites

1 Like

I just recently used letgo to buy everything for my rig lol OfferUp is a good one too I found a really good deal on 5 cards on Craigslist but the guy won’t meet me because of Covid.

1 Like

Newegg.com is reliable

1 Like

@Jubin D’oh, yea, I left off Newegg. They’re pretty good for new hardware and a reliable company.

@MeatyMouse Thanks for the suggestion. I actually see a couple things on there that might be decent if people will come down a little :wink: A ton better than 5Miles for my area apparently.

@oorWullie Thanks for the suggestion. Doesn’t look like anyone is using that in my area though. Might be good for some other people though :+1:

I have been finding so many cheap cards but I am ready to build a rig with all of the same cards I am thinking of starting a video card exchange where you can trade a card you got for a good price locally for the card you need for your rig by mail or something. Just a pie in the sky idea atm lol.

Wish.com if you have time to wait,try to be specific with your search.

Craigslist and Facebook marketplace are a few other options worth checking out.

1 Like

Only use wish.com if you want to wait 30+ days for a graphics card that may or may not show up. And if you get lucky and it does show up, you’ve got your hands on a piece of counterfeit garbage.

2 Likes

@InvestYG use pcpartpicker.com to find any computer parts you would need. Will always have the cheapest options for ya, also has a compatibility tester while you pick parts.

2 Likes

Watch this before using Wish for GPU or anything else really

2 Likes

Lots of good answers here and here’s another one B&H PHOTO, here’s the link

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/