What do you guys think of compass mining Russia problem

imo it was a huge misstep by them, I always recommended against hosting your miners in russia, they play by different rules. if you colocate your mining rigs they should 100% be in the USA where there’s high accountability.

I’m with Vosk on this one. Ever since I first started mining with Compass on Oct of last year, I saw all the hype of people trying to host their miners in Russia because it was “a great deal” and the facilities where reliable (That was always the argument).

I always felt uneasy with the option to host my miners in Russia (I almost pulled the trigger on one S19 Pro one time, thank God I didn’t). It was a risk, and a lot of people took upon that risk.

That being said, a bit more of communication would had been better on Compass part. But like Andrew said one time, Compass was stuck in a situation that “when it rains, it pours”.

It started with the South Carolina disaster (I was among the plebs affected by it), then facility problems on multiple locations, the T17 debacle, then the Russian Sanction on BitRiver, and then the continuing of facility problems.

They never cached a break since last year, it was always problems, over problems, over problems. And I guess they did not wanted to constantly be giving bad news, but that just made it worse. And to be fair, most of the problems was outside of Compass control.