What is the risks of purchasing an KS3 Miner that is currently with a daily reward of 2200USDT

According to F2pool.com, the Iceriver KS3 Miner offers a daily coin reward of around 2100 USDT, while the Antminer KS3 Miner provides approximately 2200 USDT.

Now, let’s discuss the prices.
As per asicfinder.com, the current best quotation for an Iceriver KS3 Miner Futures is 45,400 USDT per unit. You can find more details here: (iceriver KS3 Miner with a maximum hashrate of 8Th/s, Supports kHeavyHash algorithm, capable of mining KAS coins | Price Index from AsicFinder)
On the other hand, the Antminer KS3 Miner Futures is priced at 36,500 USDT per unit. For more information, check out this link: (Bitmain Antminer KS3 Miner with a maximum hashrate of 8.3Th/s, Supports kHeavyHash algorithm, capable of mining KAS coins | Price Index from AsicFinder)

So here are what I want to ask:

1. What are the risks involved in buying a KS3 miner at its current high price?
  2. Considering a hashrate of 8.3Th/s and 8Th/s, which is the better choice between Antminer KS3 and Iceriver KS3?

Vipera Tech has ordered 1500 ks3’s. That’s 12.45 petahash right there.

Now let’s assume other distributors and farms have another 2500 units. That’s a total of 4000 Bitmain ks3’s.

Now let’s say IceRiver makes 1000 ks3’s.

That’s a total of 5000 ks3’s, which equals 41.5 petahash.

And that’s not all.

IceRiver has orders for 100 ks3L’s from one person, which is another half a petahash. Then when you factor the ks0’s 1 and 2, you can add another 3 petahash.

So this equals around 45 petahash. Plus the existing hashrate equals around 47.5.

Then you have to keep in mind that the block reward will decrease every month, and a lot of asic sell pressure, (Around 600,000 a day).

So let’s say kaspa’s price is around 2.8 cents, and the reward per second is 185. Hashrate is 47.5 petahash, a ks3 makes $75 a day, before electric.

Then a few months later. BAM. New ks3 batch hashrate increase to 80 petahash. So then it could make 46 dollars a day before power. Assuming the price is the same. 2.8 cents. It could go up too .04 cents or all the way down to .017 cents.

Then you also have to keep in mind that every month, the block reward drops by 5%. And so does your profit.

2 Likes

atm the race for getting machines + coins = people get and sell fast they can , with alot of machines with alot more effect comes in the difficulty will spike-profits will drop massivly , then add in a kind of halfing ( cant remember the term) with coins going down each month

Also add in 1-10th agust alot of machines are coming to people and the difficulty will spike hard

Its like KDA all over again the small machines will die off , and those who bought the expensive ones are stuck with em , its kinda red flag , its first come serve, people will mine-sell to regain their investment and profits

1 Like

Thats alot better than the math I gave vosk :skull:

2 Likes

Personally if I had the money to get a KS3 or KS3L August batch for 36K I would buy one. Now when they come online the first month will easily go to 10-20Th so the miner will go from 2k a day to $200 to $100 a day so the faster you can plug in the faster you roi. I would not buy the September batch at 36K as it would take you a year plus to never to roi with the TH going from 20-40TH. People who buy these miners will be stuck. Remember Bitmain will produce altcoin miners until you make $5 a day or less( I have a KA3 and K7 I paid too much for!). Remember these miners cost $7-$14 daily to run based on your electric rate. Better to buy Bitcoin miners.

2 Likes

The issue is that Bitmain will dump the price, flood the hash rate, and ship the miners to the people who have better connections to them first.

And this time the shipments won’t be delayed, as they have IceRiver to keep them on their toes.

3 Likes

How long does everyone think it will take for the hashrate to double?

I’m a worst case scenario guy, this would be the results if the hash rate doubled every 3.5 days if you bought a KS3L 5th model

3.5 days: $4550
7 days: $6825
10.5 days: $7962
14 days: $8530
17.5 days: $8814

From there you would need to make $33 a day to ROI in a year

Or you could double that for network hashrate to double every 7 days to $17,628 and you’d need to make $9.30 a day to ROI in a year.

I’m not saying any of this will happen, I’m just saying “what if it happens”

Because let’s not forget assuming Kriz is accurate with Vipera buying 1500 8th models, what about all the other smaller models from Iceriver? There’s so many unknowns. The dopamine hit from seeing thousands of $ roll in for 1-2 weeks makes me want to buy one but my brain is telling me there’s so many unknowns. For all we know we are playing 4D chess and everyone is assuming the hashrate will 3-5X in a month so no actual consumers will buy enough for this to happen.

I guess long story short, I don’t have a F-ing clue

1 Like

Watch the network hash rate be around 25 peta hash at the end of August. And around 45 at the end of September.

And the second batch will most likely be in December. While IceRiver will be selling smaller batches of miners every month.

Also the ViperaTech is true. So that’s 12.5 peta hash just form one farm/ distributor.

CryptoMinerBros also got 500 units, a few more I distributors got 30 to 600, then private farms.

But most likely a year from launch, these will make 26 dollars a day pre power. Assuming Kaspa at 2.8 cents.

2 Likes

Are you able to give any public sources of vendors buying X amount of miners or was that obtained privately?

honestly if there was public information we could easily make an Excel spreadsheet and use it as a buying guide calculator, regardless of what miner/coin it is, like https://smokinghopium.io/ but add additional parameters for current network hashrate, expected miners batch, miner speed, so you could assume that the full batch will come online within a month (or however long) and you know at the end of the batch release the network speed currently is X and at the end of the batch release the network speed will be Y and your profits will be Z at the end of the release. There’s a lot of people asking about these miners, some of them new to mining and personally I think that would be useful. I’ll happily make one easily

I’ve heard similar numbers for those two venders.

that’s pretty simple, change the yellow cells to suit what ever you need. Not sure how to share it here though happily will though

I think this is somewhat accurate.

Anything in yellow you will have to change appropriately. So basically you input information such as current network hashrate, coin price, daily rewards for the whole network, upcoming miners hashrate, expected number of miners to come online at that hashrate and the number of days until you expect every single one of those miners to come online. You cant see it but in cell H17 you can change your own personal miners hashrate to suit rewards but ive got it set to match the Miner hashrate so change it as you please. the Days until full batch online rewards only shows days 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90 because I cbf setting every single number. if you put any other day it wont show the rewards.

Anyone who messages me for it I’ll share the drop box link with

And feel free to correct any mistakes

2 Likes