What’s the best miner for an apartment?

I live in an apartment so I’m looking for a miner that’s not too loud but on the plus side I don’t have to worry about electricity costs. What’s the best miner I could get where I could take advantage of the power but at the same time not bother my neighbors or burn the place down?

First of all make sure that you meet the following characteristics for everything to work correctly:

• You have sufficient electrical power
  • The place is well refrigerated (very important).
  • If possible, try to make it a clean place
  • And finally try to insulate the room well from sound.

On the other hand if I were to recommend you to install in an apartment instead of installing an ASIC, I would recommend you to use graphics cards or mining with gpu.

Greetings!

Two words : Grow tent.

Good luck. :smile:

2 Likes

Ok thanks sorry I forgot to mention I’m a total noob at this so I wouldn’t know how to properly refrigerate it or how to adjust the power. I rent an apartment so idk if I can mess with the electrical stuff. And I was hoping a quieter miner existed so I didn’t have to worry about insulation. So I’ll probably have look into using graphics cards thanks again

Thanks I’ll look into that

Look into asic box miners like what goldshell offers. They have several different small units that use less power and are quiet. You can look at asicminervalue.com for wattage usage and estimated profit depending on your electric rate. They have several that run under 300 watts. Goldshell.com

1 Like

Try looking for a s7LN they are quiet. I have one it’s 2.7ths and low noise plus it is designed to run off 110v also there is a gekkoscience r606 which is a upto 1ths which is ultra quiet and produces next to no heat. The issue you will have is finding them the r606 was $300 new but I have seen them on eBay for $1200.

1 Like

The s7ln isn’t showing profitable with any electric cost, but with the no electricity cost it’ll make around a dollar a day

1 Like

+1 for the Goldshell Box miners. They are quiet, run on 110, and relatively inexpensive. Just check asicminervalue for how much they make a day and do the math on your return on investment before you pay scalper prices on sites like EBay.

1 Like

Helium miners are an option if your area is not crowded but otherwise, I would recommend GPU or Goldshell box miners, just be careful some of the box miners are not as profitable as scalped GPUs for the same price.

2 Likes

It depends what you are mining with it there are quite a few different coins to mine on the algorithm. You mine those then sell on an exchange for profit or invest in crypto you like and go long term. I was mining with my s7ln when btc was $10,000 at a loss every day if you use the online profit calcs. Now i kept all that i mined, when btc went to $60,000 guess what all that no profitable btc became profitable.

1 Like

I agree, it definitely does depend on the coin/project, and also if you plan to hodl. If I had no electricity cost I would mine btc right now if I had that rig, but I’m definitely not gonna go and buy it even though btc is only going to go up in my opinion. Efficiency needs to be looked at and that rig isn’t where I would put any money. The risk to reward needs to be looked at along with entry/break even price

1 Like

It’s Gold Shell allllll the way man, there made for apartments, and places like that. No industrial set up needed, just get a good psu with surge protection and your all set.

3 Likes

Will running at more than 300 watts mess with the circuit breaker?

Make sure to watch Vosk’s video on electrical on YouTube. A normal US 110v outlet should be OK for approximately 1300 watts after the 80% rule with 15 Amp breaker. If you have a 20 Amp breaker it will be slightly more, around 1700 watts. Just make sure to double check what you have and do your research and the calculations, you don’t want to fry anything or start a fire.

2 Likes

Thanks just saw it today now I have a better understanding

So… As someone said after me look for Helium miners, here in Spain Bobcat cost around 500€ ~ 600$ and their instalation is very easy to instal, quiet, do not use much electricity (which is a plus) and do not emit much heat. It is very comparable to an internet router. Research it, you will see that it is practically the best option to install in an apartment, for its performance and its ease of installation.

Greetings!

A month ago I bought the first one for my house, but the delivery time is quite long (3 months in my case)!