Whats with the Bobcat 300 SCALPER PRICES?

My local Facebook Marketplace has at least 4 listings for Bobcat 300 miners - all going from $1200-1500, some of them open-box/ used. Not exactly flying off the shelves, either. Some listings have been there for over a month. Ebay has similar listings with these outrageous prices. I ordered one from the factory, no problem waiting. Why are people so greedy with these scalper prices - 2x almost 3x the cost of a new one? Price it $100-150 over cost they might sell - but $1200??? Ridiculous!!!

1 Like

I saw the promo for Sycrob.it on Vosk on you tube and ordered one a voskcoin editon in June. I am still hopefull I get it soon, however I have been considering one of the $1500 e-bay sells because I could be bringing in $350 -$450 a month in my area. I don’t know that it is greed , but trying to be in the right place at the right time.

It is my opinion it is not unreasonable based on supply ( lack of from manufacture ) , based on lies ( from Manufacture ) … that people who do the waiting game of ( ordered > May 2021 shipping right now to October 2021 ) can resell at whatever price they want to. Sure I paid the $550 from Bobcat… October 2021… be lucky to see that in Feb 2022. So lets see. Vosk says his Bobcat only returned profit of 6 times in 3 months… well, at $1200 shipped from some on eBay guess what, you are even on that in 3-4 months. If current price of return with HNT flys that long anyway.

We demand, there is someone to supply. Just be sure it is not a scammer making the false supply of empty boxes.

You need to check helium explorer to make sure you would be profitable at your location before you pay more than retail. For instance if I sent one to my family there are no other miners around them right now. So they would only make $8 per month. That is over 5 YEARS to get a ROI and that’s based on the $500 retail price, not scalping price. Also if there are too many miners around you then you all will be splitting the profits. That is also the reason why you can’t have more than one at your house - they need to be a minimum of 300 meters (1,000 ft) apart from each other.

Please do some research. Don’t listen to online posts or YouTube but do some research and see what miners around you are making before dropping your hard earned money.

https://explorer.helium.com/

I was thinking the same thing. They’re listed on EBay for over $1K from nearly every seller but you can buy one directly on the bobcat website for just under $500. Makes no sense

and wait 22-35 weeks. Money buys speed.

So possibly getting it sooner from an untrusted source with no guarantee of quality is worth purchasing at a 300% markup? Yeah, I’ll gladly wait a few months. Buy smart, not irrational

1 Like

snooze you lose on real money that can be had still today compared to what it will be in January from what they say about POC

The HNT blockchain just put the brakes on alot of money that was had from June to November 15th.

$9000 on this one just 45 days ago… Now look at the 30 day

So where’s your bobcat, who did you purchase from, and for how much? You talk numbers but thats all you have, just talk. I could pull numbers as well but I’m more of do-so, not say so. Sorry guy but you’re not helping anyone here :clown_face:

Best earner in a 15 mile radius of where I live. The rest is merely a fraction of this. At a 300% markup of original cost, why would anyone pay that kind of price and sit around waiting over a year on end just to break even on the investment? Unless you’re gonna make $1K between now and when you’d actually receive your equipment from bobcatminer.com there’s no “money earned now” aspect to it

I have been considering paying for one of these because there is more money to be had by not waiting around. I havent pulled the trigger yet because I dont fully understand this new change regarding the POC? My miner is currently getting .5 hnt per day, but I have had to put a lot of effort and time into getting that much from it. Thats a lot in my area (rural), but if my earnings are about to plummet…

Some people are hacking the geo locator of helium miners to make them think they are physically somewhere else resulting in more mining revenue. Others are buying high gain antennas to reach more witnesses. That is how some are making a lot of money with helium - but changes are coming.

Helium is about to make major changes that will identify and disable systems that have hacked geo locations. Also the changes analyze the signal to noise ratio to determine real world antenna height. If what is reported by the owner is not the real world antenna height the payout will be drastically reduced. There are a lot of miners who are gaming the system and who’s income from helium is about to be chopped severely.

Do not use any one else’s mining income as a decisive factor for paying $1,000+ for a bobcat or any other helium miner. Please check helium’s explorer (linked by me above) to see what miners at YOUR location are averaging. Don’t fall into the FOMO - do some research before you spend your money. For non ideal locations you could make as little as $8 a month. Do you want to wait 5-10 years to get your ROI?