Antminer L3+ in 2022

I’m happy with a year roi but I’m at .10 now

is anyone running customer firmware to make L3+ more profitable?

which firmware are you using? have you tried hiveos?

1 Like

im using the factory firmware

I use Awesomeminer for mine

you should try hiveos

Hive Os is pretty good, however keep in mind if you goto Hive its super hard to go back to any other FW kinda a one way ticket. They block SD card flash for anything other than there FW/sig and they have disabled SSH so you cannot telnet in and change code lines to bypass the sig check anymore. FYI. I have tried many ways to revert back to bitman FW and no matter what I get the sig invalid error on any method of trying. I do have an idea I am working on that might put it back to factory/blank but that will require a flash tool and some more tinkering.

1 Like

I have 2 L3+ hooked to NiceHash and get paid in BTC.

I’m in the same spot with my 4 L3+. Can’t find a way to flash away from Hive. Please do share if you find a way. Right now I’m hashing on NiceHash for pay outs in BTC. I’m making around 160 to 170 dollars a week. 3 miners are hashing at 650 and one at 625.

1 Like

Flashing hive away is simple
Forgive my terminology here I did it a while ago

You set up a farm on the hiveos website there is an option to enter your farm hash in the l3 hive dashboard

Now with miners showing in your farm you simply click to upgrade from URL
And enter a link for the firmware you want to flash

Hope this helps

1 Like

Also I’ve used every firmware and measured voltage at the wall

The best hands down is the asicfw no dev fee version recently leaked in December
Search WPdat

I have no affiliation with the firmware just a happy user

I hated hive
Constant arbitrary reboots
And chain more than 3 x errors reboots
On miners that have never had issues with other firmware

Couldnt wait to dump hive

I saw that, but reluctant to put it on a farm just to FW it. I may do that as a last ditch effort if talking to the BeagleBoneB direct and loading in my own code fails. Not so much worried about mining, I’m just tinkering with hardware and software.

I also run Hive and have some random reboots but not very often…

The one feature i really like about Hive is the individual chip tuning, i use it to fine tune my L3+'s

I dont know if its availlable on other firmwares…

You can also connect with putty and asterix * the offending code responsible for the signature lock but it’s more involved I had to do this to remove the new Vnish

Yeah you can’t they block ssh now, you can’t access anymore. Try it. lol

Justin, I’m curious if you have a brother Brandon? How long have you been mining ?

I’ve tried that multiple times and for whatever reason the flash never works. just reboots back to Hive. I found the Wpdat site. I hope its safe.

Yes Brandon is my brother
How do you know him