ASIC Mining in the Texas Heat- HELP!

Update.

Finished the ceiling today and ran all the air ducts from the miners thru the wall.

After spray foaming all the cracks and crevices, I managed to create a vacuum inside the room.

I wad hoping the minisplit would bring in enough air to suffice, but I was way wrong.

I’ll look at adding a few intakes tomorrow to the outside of the shed. The only issue with that here in central Texas is the dusty wind gusts we have outside. Today we had sustained winds around 15- 20 mph all day. The dust across the pasture just gets everywhere!

I’ll figure more out tomorrow.

3 Likes

How has that affected the heat?

Huge difference with the shrouds and ducting. It’s probably 25-30 degrees cooler between the two rooms. Once I get the cold side shot with insulation, I’m hoping it will be able to hold in the low 80’s throughout the summer.

Huge shout out to you design @3dps4u

I’ll be coming back for more as needed for sure!

2 Likes

Am just happy it helped.
If you need anything else just let me know,

1 Like

U need to exhaust some of that heat out an bring some that cool air in at night with some inline fans maybe 8in at high cfm that’s all an that heat pushed out will help another an anything that is plugged in an is being of no use at all will generate heat as well so yea looks great other than that brotha I like it :+1:…man I need to get my hands on a kd box or asic asap

That is a nice setup! How well do those Kobalt shelves support the miners. The wire mesh on my current shelves flex allowing the miners to cock sideways a little.

I believe the one he has is the husky brand if I’m not mistaken from home depot. I also have one and it holds very well.

one thing you may want to do is ground those shelves. all it would take is one short to fry those miners.
either that or put something under them. just a thought

Thanks! I am going to upgrade mine.

Updating this thing finally.

Spray insulation guys finally showed up today to shoot the shed. Its been weeks of scheduling and rescheduling those guys.

Next week we have a 400 amp service going in to replace the 200 amp service that trips breakers constantly.

This mining hobby is exhausting and expensive!

2 Likes

Those photos look great for your crypto mining shed! :smiley:

Spray foam will help a lot. Not only is it a great insulation It will also make the airflow better because it fills in all the cracks in wall etc. therefore the air will move better where you place intake and exhaust. It’s a huge thing in big production chicken houses where the air quality and flow is very important for the birds to insure there health.

1 Like