Bitmain KA3 Thoughts?

Sometimes you win sometime you lose…

I admire your unbridled optimism!

I just want KDA to increase to $10 to offset: a) increasing electricity costs, and b) the difficulty spike and precipitous drop in daily gross yield once all the upcoming KA3s start hashing so that I can afford to keep my KD5s and KD Lite lit.

But right now, KDA is $1.53 so $10 would be 6.5x from here. That’s an awful lot of hopium to smoke. For $25 in a year . . . man, by that point, you’d be strung out on hopium.

3 Likes

my little kd box is just gonna be on , well till the point it goes kaputt, + hey its actually cheaper heater vs the ones that is installed in my apartment lol ,its doing 0.48 coins per 24 h so each day its getting closer , but well just gotta stack the coins and hope for a boost on the coin value , got 1400 kda beside that so if that hits 6 or 7 i be even with kd box + investment , and well we talking long run not inital months or even this year

I think it isn’t worth it. The cost of electricity, gasoline, groceries, property, insurance, taxes, basically everything, spiked, and the value of my KDA, CKB, BTC, LTC, KAVA, ATOM collapsed. I mined CKB and that was the first miner to go negative, so I sold it. Now my KDA miners are all going in the same direction. I’ve sold all but one of them. I got in front of the curve and sold my L7 9500 because of a rising electricity bill, noise, heat, expecting LTC difficulty to spike, and air circulation. I listed all my miners on eBay and have sold all but one. I look forward to my electricity bill being nothing with my solar panels. I was full of hope when I started the crypto journey. I’m holding over $15,000 in assorted cryptocurrencies. Mining has been an unprofitable learning experience. If the price of my crypto-holdings rises and I can sell I will. I’ll trade in my crypto for land and distance from other people. My only hope is to avoid the visible decay I see in much of the USA.

1 Like

That’s a great explanation and good info. The preorder price I am getting from my sources in China is 6K USD, now not sure if this is going to stay the same but this price is for December Pre-Order. I am now thinking about the difficulty that would come along once the KA3’s are on the network and how much profitable they would be in a month or so after the release. And with KDA prices being at low end of the spectrum and there seems to be no end to this bear market run only thing we can do is wait and watch what is in store for us as miners.

1 Like

Don’t buy the dump, wait it out they will have more at a cheaper price later when the hash rate gets flooded.

1 Like

It will only take 1150 ka3’s to double the hashrate, so at that point every other kda miner would be unprofitable even with 10 cent electric. ALSO THEY ARE SELLING BROKEN MACHINES

1 Like

Not broken machines but Bitmain has that as part of their policy, if any of the mentioned TH is not attained , you can claim the price according to the TH mentioned in the purchase. As per the difficulty , yes the other machines currently running will be obsolete and if Bitmain are going with 2K in first batch that would mean a lot of unhappy existing and new customers for KD mining.

With current difficulty it may get 32 bucks a day. But after a couple thousand of these increase the difficulty. It will make less and less. If you make the money back, it will be longer than 200 days.

The truth is no one knows. The coin goes up in price you could make $200 daily. If it goes down you could make nothing or negative. Hash rate, electric rate and coin price are what effects what you are mining. If you believe the coin will go up then mine it because 5 year ROI is what most miners are priced at now should be 15 months.

This is my new KA3 setup it will be finished monday

I don’t thinks that bad for a garage setup until we get the farm built. Thank the lord I’m a contractor, in Gulf Shores. Moving everything 141 th to the farm as well were tapped out on a 2800.00 electric bill here. Power shuts down.

5 Likes

Hello. Has anyone managed to get theirs set up? If so, could you please tell me if this miner has a low power mode/target hashrate and fan control/temp target? I’m thinking of ordering one but if it doesn’t have these options, I cannot use it. Thank you

A ka3 unit? It hasn’t been released to the general public yet.

Yeah, bitmain is still mining with them

Yeah when antpool drops bit. They will be for sale.

Sorry for the late reply, was away for a bit. I was asking because at the time of posting there were a few units for sale in my area but they sold out before I could contact the seller so I thought other people might’ve gotten their hands on a few pre-sale units also

We are a miner supplier from China. We have the main products like Antminer, WhatsMiner, Avlon, Innosillion, and etc. Two warehouses are located in HK, and ShenZhen. And has mining farms(data centers) in Sichuan Province C&XinJiang.