Bought Goldshell KD-5 from BT-Miners

i see the price wihout doing anything … ;-/ make sure you are on bt-miners

that is what i did too ,
double pole 15 amps on 12/2 wire
30 amp outlet

i still recommend a whole house surge protector
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D-80-kA-Home-Electronics-Protective-Device-HEPD-HEPD80/203540660

if you are in the panel just add one on a 20 amps breaker and it’s protecting everything ( and they cover any damage up to 50K in case it happens in the first 2 years i believe)

Full disclosure . . . I’m not an electrician. That said, isn’t 12/2 romex too small for a 240V 30A circuit - especially if it’s a long run (voltage drop due to ever higher resistance) and/or if that circuit ever comes under high load? I always thoughts that 12/2 should be limited to 30A. Again, I’m not an electrician so DYOR (or ask an actual electrician).

Fwiw, I have three 240V circuits that I wired up in my garage, two 30A for four ASICs and one 50A for welder/plasma cutter and a 60 gal compressor. The 30A circuits use 10/2 and the 50A uses 6/2

yep that is why i am on a 15 amp breaker - i did use a 30 amp outlet because IMHO the standard outlets get hot and i always see crusty connectors so i always go bigger

for the one kd5 i could have gone 14/2 ( 15 amps breaker) but i like to go bigger one size.

i’m not an electrician either , just going from electrical code and going on breaker smaller + 1 wire bigger

what hash rate are you getting with cmpool?
how many coins are you mining a day on cmpool?
If cmpool is better, maybe I should switch? Please, share.
I used f2pool and my hash rate didn’t get much over 16, then dxpool and it went over 18, and since a little before the end of October 8, I’ve mined 307.58076448 Kadena.

kda at $2.89
not counting electricity, at this price per coin, the mining can pay off the hardware in 5.7841 months based on about 27 coins a day.
My entry point for the hardware was $13,540.00 – delivered

Well, KDA is going up
and the ROI is getting shorter at this rate
Everything that goes up comes down, so I hope this is a good ride

So… got my “new” and high priced KD5 from BT-miners today. Very glad that something showed up at all, glad for that. But things don’t add up for me. I want to say the stickers are legit (goldshell 9/21) and that some “good” testing sucked in this bug, a good amount of dust, and chewed up the fans (uhhhhhhh). But please give me some truth on how screwed I might just be so I can try to warn others about them. If you look at the return policy I am better off taking my chances and running the machine. Just want some feedback to help others if they are a bad vendor.

@RVJV3000 I contacted Goldshell, then they told me to contact BT-Miners for technical support. BT-Miners were responsive, I did what they said to do and I’m satisfied. BT-Miners walked me through all the diagnostics, I sent them all the diagnostics files and screen captures that they asked for.

I thought maybe something was wrong with my miner because I was only getting ~16TH/s instead of 18TH/s but BT-Miners recommended I try a different pool (I was on f2pool) and I switched to dxpool and my hashrate went up to 18TH/s, sometimes going over 22TH/s. All the diagnostics reports checked out and nothing was wrong with my unit.

I ducted my exhaust out of my window, I have climate control in the basement with competing air conditioner/dehumidifier, so the only problem left to engineer away is the noise pollution.

@Thorn, let us know how hashrate goes over the next week or two on Dxpool as I might consider switching one of my two KD5’s.

I’m on Poolflare. It started off solid, at or just under spec hashrate, but now my average hashrate on the two KD5’s is ~17Ths each. It’s not terrible, but clearly I’d rather be getting closer to spec. Fwiw, I also have a LT5 Pro mining to F2Pool and it’s always averaging at or above spec.

1 Like

@RVJ3000 I had a similar issue with a KD5 that I received early this week. Mine had been used, though not nearly as badly as yours. The rear fan screens had been dented in causing the upper fan to not turn, which produced the red error light. I replaced the screens, which solved the issue.

While replacing screens, I noticed that the fans and heat sinks were dirty - more dirt than you’d expect from simply factory testing. I cleaned things up the best I could. I emailed the reseller, PrintCrypto. The owner apologized and offered a full refund - I was hoping for a rebate given that I paid for “new” unit and received a used unit.

At the $100/day that it’s producing, I had little interest in a refund as the unit admittedly is now working great and it’d be months before I’d be able to buy/receive another one - not to mention the foregone mining income of waiting. So it’s happily hashing away in my garage and churning out KDA as I write this. That said, I had hoped for some sort of compensation since I don’t know what the impact might be on the ultimate life of the ASIC.

since october 4 over 452KDA ( cm pool keeps pushing them on any 0-19 chain so that is just the ones on my chain 0)

kda at 4.18… wow i want to cash out but… if i wait more and it continues to go up… damn, what a rush!!

Sorry, more help please. If I cut the Chinese plug off the end of the power cable in order to connect into this nema L6-20p does that work correctly. Brown and blue are the 2 hots (110 each) and the green the ground? The reason I ask is that looking at the Chinese color code blue is a neutral. Once again, not an electrician and don’t want to fry thousands of dollars. Thanks again for any help.

i would say yes - mine also had those colors,

only thing i double - triple checked was that the outlet was going in the right way ( hot to hot , ground to ground) because those rotating plugs are on a slight angle so i was making sure

@jaycee_USA Ok, thank you. Since you used a 30A outlet/plug that means you had a four prong connection right? So one of your terminals at the outlet was empty? Just more load capacity on your 2 hots?

That cable colors are according to European code.
brown - phase (hot wire)
blue - neutral
green (green/yellow mix) - ground

yes sir - i just left neutral empty

good morning, @Zilina
I’m noticing that after the fees and less than 100% specification performance that dxpool is paying about 90% of what Goldshell KD5 profitability | ASIC Miner Value projected. It’s not perfect, but still, nothing to sneeze at.

My goldshell admin panel

My dxpool admin panel

My zelcore wallet

since coming online at dxpool that’s an average of 26.25674311 coins a day

average of 26.87578901
since coming on line

OMG how do you keep it so cool?

67/60…

mine is 75/66 when it’s cold outside… otherwise i’m closer to 80 ;-/

1 Like