Goldshell Doge Mini Power Question

Hello
Very new to mining. I purchased a Mini it is supposed to arrive in a couple of days. However, I found out that it only takes 220v, which I know is not in the US. Can I purchase a converter, or do I put it on eBay?
I live in NYC in an apartment. When I read the webpage, it states it was all in one box.

1 Like

I don’t believe it takes 220v. It uses 233 watts of power, but I’m pretty sure you can power it with a normal ATX power supply for a PC, if needed. They link these instructions on the product page that show you how: Instruction of ATX PSU – goldshell miner

1 Like

As stated above, it only takes 233W of Power. I run my off of a 750W Gold Power Supply. I am running both the Mini-Doge and a KD-Box off of the same power supply comfortably.

2 Likes

the miner runs on 100V outlets, so you should be fine as long as you have a power supply to power it.

1 Like

Ok, Thanks. I purchased their power supply, but the connecter is a Europen or China plug in the wall. My question is do I get an adapter to plug into my outlet. Or purchase one of that step-down / up-down converter box? The ATXPSU instruction manual. I read something about shorting two points(sorry don’t know what it’s called), but they are saying two short with a paper clip. Is that only for testing the power supply, and I can plug it on once when I get the converter to change
thanks for helping the utterly confused :grinning:

You can use any PSU cord for their power supply. They just shipped the cord for the china region. You can pick up a power cord for it pretty cheap on Amazon.

I got the Goldshell power supply, tested it with a power supply cord I had sitting in my basement and it works with no issues. I plan on using it later when they release another box that I might want.

3 Likes

when plugging in your KD Box, which port do you use on the PSU?

Dhoulmagus, nuts,
Aluminum_Chemist

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me

It is just a 6-pin connecter and you would just use a VGA Power Rail to supply power to it from the PSU. It just uses 6 of the 8 pins.

8 pin PCIE on power supply, 6 +2 on KD Box, just don’t use the +2

I’m new to mining, just ordered 2 Goldshell mini Doge Miners, could someone send me a link for a power supply, I want to get 1 power supply and run both miners off of it, if that’s possible
Thank you

can you please send me a link of your PSU? looking to run 2 minidoge from 1 PSU
Thank you

I’m using this one:

2 Likes

Thank you, and you can use one PSU for 2 minidoge with no problems?

Do you connect to it to VGA or some other port?

I want to get this one, will I be able to run 2 DOGE miners off of it?