Goldshell X5 MIner

Do you know what mining pool works best I’ve been trying to research it? I can’t see any reason to use one over the other. I used F2Pool a couple of days and am trying DXpool right now for a couple of days again. But would be cool to see like a graph or chart of all the pools performance if that’s a thing?

I am in Europe so I am running it @240V directly from the plug. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Since we are in X5 thread I would assume your question is related to LTC/Doge. Honestly I was swapimg pools for a while and I was trying to figure out what works the best but I have no specific results since I have not found significant differencies between them. You can find some data online or some suggestions from people here but depending on sour location you might have different results. In general I had always high reject rate on DX Pool so I tried several others. For LTC I use litecoinpool since reject rate is very low for me and also they pay in LTC no Doge. For CKB and HNS I use poolin. I also tried to swap pools for CKB and even mining pool stats were showing more returns on different pool I think it was for F2 pool when I tried it, it had bit worst results cause I had higher reject rate. So I would say try it around and find out what works for you. The best way to have good comparison would be to have same devices on different pools at the same time. If you have several GS Boxes you can plug them to different pools and see results. You can also swap from pool to pool but comparing pools in different times might not be 100% correct cause for example KDA has high fluctuation in difficulty so your results will be alredy quite different on the same pool in different times. I am now testing hashpool and I have one KD Box on hashpool and KD2 on poolflare and I am trying to compare and calculate KDA return / TH. I can tell you that on KDA I have significant difference in returns / TH but this can also be bit extreme cause there are not so many people mining on Hashpool. Not sure if I answered your question :slightly_smiling_face:

www.litecoinpool.org Very happy with this oldest classic pool. Very happy and two servers west coast and east coast in the US give opportunity to choose the one with less stale shares for you.

1 Like

What is OK hw error and reject rete?

Not sure what is normal but I can share with you what I have 2x GS Mini Doge + X5
All of them on litecoinpool EU Server

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Mine are higher :frowning:

1 Like

I see but I don’t think it is very significant, I have seen on other pools like 3% so I would consider below 1% to be fairly OK but not based on some data just a feeling :slight_smile: I see you are running stock FANs cause your chips are freezing cold :rofl:

I keep it in the unheated garage:)

I am having problem with connecting to the pool :- ( after unplugging it does not connect to the pool, miner’s intranet page opens well. Does anyone know how to help?

Update I was able to run it again. My solution was to remove litecoin pool, add nicehash, when after a few tryes it worked, I was able to ad litecoin pool. I do not know, probably adding and removing different pools cn help in the future. Hope, you do not have this problem.

I found a goldshell x5 for a price close to what dx pools shop had it for “https://www.solockpool.us” i cant find anything saying its a scam or anything saying its legit… anyone have experience with this website ? Im guessing its a scam but not sure.

Payment via creditcard, incase fraud then you can always file claim via your CC but the price does seem good. their address (302 Northern Blvd, Albany, New York 12204) google maps shows apartment though :smiley:

They have only held the domain name for 45 days and the ip is located in Amsterdam
https://whois.domaintools.com/solockpool.us

Super scammy!! Cheaper ck5 than mfr. Posts from 2017 on their site. I’m not spending any money there!!! Plus, mihir created account, then minutes later post they ordered…SCAM!!

No Sir, Just looking into more info on buying X5, was browsing Christmas Eve Combo Deals and they have x5 for about $2200. was looking to see profitability but couldnt find it on https://www.asicminervalue.com/ so found this community site and was just giving my 2cent lol.

but no I aint no scam lol :smiley:

Although I created account and minutes later I replied to this post but I have never mentioned anything about buying it from that site. I just gave my feedback and what I saw about their address (apartment) :wink:

What is related to stockpool site, I see quite many sales there and KD 5 for 9 k USD, it is not passing smell test for me :slight_smile:
On the other hand I am wondering why would you go for this site instead of buying from Products – DxPool Shop I am not promoting Dxpool shop, I just know that me and some other people here bought from them without issues. They have them on stock and yes it takes about 7 days to ship + some days to deliver but it is safe. At the same time they shipped all my orders by Fedex and I think they are declaring reasonable value for customs so I never had to pay significant duties. I am not in US so might be quite different for you.

Looks very much like a scam site to me. They only take Crypto no traceability. Don’t answer the chat. No guarantee for delivery. No background. No references. I think you would be sending them a Christmas Present. How lovely!

1 Like

@Alexcool Thanks for letting us know. I never had any issue with X5, it managed to always connect to litecoinpool after being disconnected, and this happen quite often recently since my son does not care what he is switching off :slight_smile: I had to move it to different breaker / plug. I cant really wait to have new location available cause now I have miners everywhere in my flat :slight_smile:

My apologies Mihir, I thought you were saying you ordered one and used a credit card to do it. I didn’t pay full attention to your post. So I still say the site is scammy, but not you.