Help! Goldshell HS box issues setting up

Tried to set up my 2 mini HS boxes tonight. My luck I always seem to have issues. I’ve set up some mini doge ones the other month. Im able to get into settings. I go into pool settings and pick f2pool. I enter my account with a dot and name of miner. I enter my password for my account at f2pool. I hit apply. I’ve waited hours and when I hit on the home button I get : Oops! Miner pool is not ready yet. The devices look like they are working. I did delete the test address before adding the new one. Not sure if that matters.

pool: hns.f2pool.com:6000
Username should be wallet address.minername

Username isnt your f2pool user name then dot miner name? Seems to be how my doge miners are set up and they are working just fine.

I just watched several youtube videos for you. They say wallet address.minername

I didn’t know this before buying the miner. But it does not appear coinbase or cryto.com support this coin yet. Any suggestions on a good wallet for HNS?

MEXC Global is an exchange you could use. I use that exchange for trading and mining wallets. It’s outside of the tax world (Africa) , if that matters to you.
Or just go to Handshake , they offer 2 wallets.
On CMC-Handshake is a list of exchanges HNS is traded on.

3. Configure your mining device

Your miner must be connected to the f2pool server listed below for your hashrate and revenue to be recorded and monitored.

You’ll need to enter the following information in your mining device:

URL: hns.f2pool.com

PortL: 6000

Username: walletAddress.workername

Password: Your choice

Please note

workerName is optional, but we recommend connecting each mining device with a separate workerName for efficient monitoring.

@Runner2.14
Oh good grief, for some reason I thought he was asking about LTC. You are right - use the wallet address. You CAN use Dxpool with just an account and no wallet though. That’s how I’m mining HNS - for now.

Thanks guys everything is working. I decided to go with hotbit wallet. It pays 1% yld for it sitting in there. Not great but better then nothing.

1 Like

Since you guys are in the know on the HS Box. I’ve got an issue I’d like some help on. I just unplugged my two boxes to move them and when I plugged them back in one did not come back on line. It ramps up status light goes green but the bottom light is red and you can’t access it on find my Goldshell. The IP address is there but it’s unavailable?

Did you try a factory reset?

So one of mine did something similar before I completed setting them up. I unplugged my machines for about a day till I got the setup figured out. When I plugged them back in the red light was gone and didn’t come back. So maybe unplugging it for awhile might help.

That has worked in the past but it’s not cooperating with me this time.

1 Like

What exactly is the process for factory reset on those?

Does it have latest firmware? Maybe try an update if it doesn’t.

Excellent question. Can’t access the miner so I can’t verify that. The IP address shows up but when you try to access it says unavailable.

Does it have wifi? @ToadyOne

You know I really don’t know. When I fired these up a couple months ago I just plugged in Ethernet cause I had it there. How do you tell if they are Wi-Fi capable?

It should have a little wifi antenna at the bottom right of the box next to the ethernet cable. You can also look at wifi networks on your PC or phone and see if you see one that says goldshell @ToadyOne