Help! Goldshell HS box issues setting up

Unfortunately it does not appear to be wifi

I’m not familiar with setup without wifi. I think it’s a little different to get into the dashboard. You can try factory reset, maybe that will help. Below the blue and red lights at the top should be a recessed button you’ll need a pen to press (not the post sticking out). I haven’t had to do it but I think I heard if you press that for about 10 seconds it will reboot/reset miner. Let the miner go through boot up process, I think this may change your ip address as well, so once done, try the findmygoldshell thing again. Past that, I’m not sure what else to try.

Thanks so much for the help! I’ll give the reset another try.

I’m pretty sure you can reset them in the goldshell web app.

To perform a factory reset you have to hold in the little black button on the back for 10 seconds. Not the one that sticks out, the one that is inset a little bit.

I also have an HS that went “red led” after just moving it 5 feet and plugging it in. I worked with Goldshell for days trying different things. After leaving it off for a few days it just started working again. No idea why and I’m not touching it again, lol. All my other goldshells are solid.

1 Like

That’s wild because I did the same thing last time I had an issue with it. Let it set for 48 hours and for whatever reason it started working again. I guess I’ll go that route and see what happens. I was hoping there was a fix. If I can get it working again I def won’t touch it again.

1 Like

Make sure to give us an update on what fixes the issue. Thanks

1 Like

This problem occurs with Miners that are mid-operation and shut down or powered down or D/c’d.
Within your miners programing is a lot of triggers or events coded in that will tell your miner to keep working. If your miner sends a hash, it will stop at nothing to get a positive affirmation response from the mining pool to confirm it summited a valid share and thus, is owed for it’s hash/effort.

So if your miner, sends a hash and has yet to receive a response (because you turned it off) It’s programming tells it to keep listening. It does this because it is part of your getting paid. Programming prevents it from looking for more IP’s/networks or basically anything. It wants to know it gets paid for its effort before it will allow other commands to be carried out.

To stop this from happening, log into your miner and turn it off before you unplug it or turn it off. If there is not on/off option, Add a space to the pool address if you don’t have another option, this will cause the miner to try to reconnect to a fake web address and it’s programming will then go blank looking for options to re-connect, then turn it off.
From here, it’s good to relocate/re-power.

Thanks, I think this may be the problem. I was just moving it to another wall in the same room when it happened.

I was wondering if there was a way to “power off” the miner part before shutdown. I’ll add a fake mining pool address and swap to it a few minutes before shut down.

@debadwolf I only want to mention that I just burned my fingers with Hotbit. Mined HNS and LBRY going there.
Recently I tryed to withdraw some coins and got in trouble because their emails with the security code do not arrive anymore.
Have been in contact with their support and of course also with my mail provider. Both say its the others fault and that they can do nothing.

Could not yet get this solved and therefore have about 1k $ stuck on that wallet.

my experience with their support team is very bad. They did only copy/paste parts of their FAQ, 2 times answered to me about issues that other users have and did not read my answers etc…

maybe you want to be aware.

Let it set for 48 hours and unfortunately still not working. Find my Goldshell and it’s there but when you try to access it just says file not found. Bummer!

I’m not sure what else to suggest if the factory reset didn’t work. I haven’t heard of the file not found thing, but I’m sure someone here has seen it.

I’m amazed that Goldshell still hasn’t been able figure out how to get support for the paying customers who are having issues with these miners. From firmware, to control boards, to horseshit emails, I’m amazed at how much they suck ass at customer service…
There.
I said what a Hell of a lot of people are thinking…
Go with Ole faithful, unplug it and plug it in again. Don’t forget to cuss at it.
I’m done. :clock3:

1 Like

Bella from Goldshell got back to me and had me swap the control boards between the HS Boxes and the one I was having issues with came right back online so she determined it was the board. It was of course out of warranty so I did have to purchase a new board for $70 but at least my fix should be on its way.

2 Likes

Who should I use instead?

I got the new board today after almost exactly 2 weeks and it appears to be missing a heat sink.

This is the old one…

Didn’t know if that was normal and we are expected to move the heat sink or if that would be possible without damaging it. If anyone else has been through a control board replacement please let know what your experience was.

sorry for late reply, have been out for my job the last 3 weeks and forgot my pass to logg in here.
When I discovered the problems I have with hotbit, then I switched to Bitrex for now.
https://bittrex.com/discover/join?referralCode=MBV-I5R-X5T

global.bitrex.com

because of the low price of the coin I dont want to trade it at this time. So I will see later if this was a good choice or not.

ive been speaking with Bella from Goldshell as well, she basically told me to take it apart and figure it out myself…
Toady what was covered under the warrenty do you know?

My HSBox was no longer under warranty so I had to pay for the replacement board.

1 Like

ah okay, if you dont mind me asking. How long is the warrenty?
and was it hard to replace that board yourself?