Iceriver ks0 worth it today?

Hi there. First of all i know bitmains kaspa miners will be out soon. BUT is it worth getting the ks0 TODAY? I have a seller 1 hour from where i live and i can buy the miner for 1400$

Does anyone know when the big boys will go online?

How much will the ks0 make after the big ones turn on? :confused:

So right now my ice river ks0 is earning about 655 kaspa per day, 655 KAS to USD is about $25, and the miner doesn’t even cost $1 per day to run on residential electric rates…

The problem is there are a lot more of these miners on the way, there are bigger and better versions of this miner being built…

At $1,400 you need about 2 months of the same results to break even, not the riskiest mining move ever, personally I’d say it’s worth it given the efficiency of this iceriver kso miner ASSUMING you have a decent belief in Kaspa or are just itching to get some new miner(s)

but who knows, they could drop a ton of these into the market, and rewards will plummet…

1 Like

Yea the big boys is the thing that im afraid of.
Just hope it doesent goes down to like 1$ /day :joy:

I would hope 1 dollar. Most likely 35 to 50 cents

1 Like

:frowning_face: this is true.

what numbers are you crunching to estimate that range Krisz and @Budgetminer

2 Likes

So, If 2500 Ks3 miners are deployed, and they do 8.3 terahash a second, if we do 2500X8.3 we get 20,750 gh/s divide that by 1000, and we get 20.75 terahash. I think my math Is correct on that. Although 2500 is a relatively large number, It is possible, with the current profitability, that people will REALLY want them, and once profitability drops I doubt they will be 40K anymore lol. So with current hashrate of 2.1 pethash or so, thats a 10X almost. so like $2.50 right? sorry for the rambling, just attempting to explain my reasoning.

Vipera Tech has ordered 1500 ks3’s. That’s 12.45 petahash right there.

Now let’s assume other distributors and farms have another 2500 units. That’s a total of 4000 Bitmain ks3’s.

Now let’s say IceRiver makes 1000 ks3’s.

That’s a total of 5000 ks3’s, which equals 41.5 petahash.

And that’s not all.

IceRiver has orders for 100 ks3L’s from one person, which is another half a petahash. Then when you factor the ks0’s 1 and 2, you can add another 3 petahash.

So this equals around 45 petahash. Plus the existing hashrate equals around 47.5.

Then you have to keep in mind that the block reward will decrease every month, and a lot of asic sell pressure, (Around 600,000 a day).

So let’s say kaspa’s price is around 2.8 cents, and the reward per second is 185. Hashrate is 47.5 petahash, a ks3 makes $75 a day, before electric.

So for the ks0, that would equal to 90 cents a day, pre power.

Then a few months later. BAM. New ks3 batch hashrate increase to 80 petahash. So then it makes 50 cents a day. Assuming the price is the same. 2.8 cents. It could go up too .04 cents or all the way down to .017 cents.

So don’t expect it to make more than a dollar. Aim for around 50 cents.

5 Likes

Also one thing people don’t realize about Kaspa is that it is not a BlockChain.

1 Like

I would buy another KS0 only if it was $399-$499. I got in early. I have 3 KS0’s mining now and have already mined $2500 worth of Kaspa. I am in for 4k and will make that before the hashrate goes crazy. The thing about these miners is they only use 70w only 25 cents daily. Cheaper than any goldshell miner. They are seriously efficient for 100G/H’s. The best home miner out there! I think the big miners will be released slowly. The manufactures are not stupid if they release enough to get to 40 peta hash too fast they will not be able to sell their miners at the price they want.

4 Likes

one of the best replies i’ve read in awhile, do you have any source data handy?

3 Likes

iceriver ks0 mining profits over the last week

True, but if they can off load enough of them to make a profit, they don’t really care about long-term sustainability on things like kaspa. Thats what BTC is to them, there long term play.