Is Building This Bitcoin Mining Farm Still Even Worth It?

I started mining in my house, and then expanded into my garage mining farm, and then I converted a shed into a mini mining farm and now I am building a big Bitcoin mining farm, that I want to power with solar but is it even still worth it to build a BTC mining farm?.. Subscribe… https://voskco.in/Sub

Watch the full journey building out my mining farm here (playlist) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4dnwHTjcf-9qfOEekcjPwqJqgkO455f-

Building my solar-powered cryptocurrency mining farm has been anything but easy. I absolutely love crypto mining, but many do not share my passion - and naturally, they ask me about my decision. The biggest question I’ve been asked is whether or not this mining farm is worth it or not! Mineable cryptocurrencies have seen rising hashrates recently, contrary to price action, and with Ethereum no longer being mineable, crypto mining profits have dropped immensely. All of this leads to everybody wondering whether it’s still worth it to mine cryptocurrency - let alone build a $100k+ mining farm! Let’s take a look at my journey building the farm while doing many other things - and whether or not I think it’s still worth it!

Have some input on the Mining Shed and Solar Farm? Help Us Build the Mining Shed 2.0!
What coins will I mine on the farm? Find out here! - What Coins I’ll Mine on My Solar Powered Mining Farm! - YouTube
My plans for electricity within the crypto mining shed - Designing Electricity for a Bitcoin Crypto Mining Farm - YouTube

:alarm_clock: Timestamps :alarm_clock:
00:00 Why am I building a crypto mining farm?
01:22 Different types of crypto miners
02:21 Are there any new interesting Proof of Work coins?
03:13 Is mining crypto still worth it with Ethereum gone?
04:33 Mining hashrates have been climbing steadily
05:32 When will I start mining on the new property?
06:20 New, more efficient Bitcoin miners coming soon
07:00 Building, mining and running a YouTube channel!
08:15 Being bold and staying the course
09:09 Trading in a bear market?
10:04 The world and markets are crazy!

Follow us on our official social media accounts - VoskCoin | Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook | Linktree

VoskCoin is for entertainment purposes only and is never intended to be financial investment advice. VoskCoin owns or has owned cryptocurrency and associated hardware. VoskCoin may receive donations or sponsorships in association with certain content creation. VoskCoin may receive compensation when affiliate/referral links are used. VoskCoin is home of the Doge Dad, VoskCoin is not your Dad, and thus VoskCoin is never liable for any decisions you make.

Is Building This Bitcoin Mining Farm Still Even Worth It?..

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts. I have been worried as well. In it for the long term but man, just a little disheartening.

and then these btc antminer hydro miners are thrown into the mix that are truly rated for industrial deployments only… ah, the stress! lol

1 Like

Keep me posted as we are headed in the same direction as you - misery luvs company!

Could you share more details on your mining farm build, how things are going, and what your immediate plans are with it?

1 Like

We have only been at it for less than a year. As we already had a business (if interested, I’ll speak to you about it offline) with a building, land (25 acres), & 70 plus old solar panels (2 MW/month), it seemed like it would be worthwhile as we could do some things remotely if we had to travel. Presently, we have about 6.8 GH running (3 PC, 3 open air, & 13 cases) all GPU’s. Our next step will be into ASIC’s (more than likely Bitcoin) but deciding the best machines is scary as I don’t really trust that market. I have the space for 1 of those miner containers so I’m interested in your views. It’s been a real learning experience & still learning. Personally, I like performing a Service (mining), the idea of decentralization & the Blockchain. Hope this wasn’t too long winded.

1 Like

Those who are solvent are scooping up mining assets on the cheap. This downturn is no different than other bear markets be it assets like stocks, bonds, real estate or crypto. Since BTC is the new asset kid on the block, volatility comes with the territory. Just bear in mind that the user bases continues to expand, more businesses, institutions and countries are adapting BTC and the number of efficient miners coming online is growing as witnessed by the increasing hash rate.

2 Likes

VosK Coin: Forgive me if I violate your sites rules, but I hope posting a link is not a bad thing.

I think you can glean the answer from this question by watching this Once Quarterly Bitcoin Analysis. I really love to follow this guy - he was a broker, and now he spends his most prescious asset (time) explaining and breaking down what is happening on a daily basis. James is in a class by himself.

I still love VosCoin too. Both sites are essential to a well rounded understanding of the Bitcoin… and mining… the economy in general… and the correlations.

1 Like

Hey vosk.
I saw your latest video where you state you might go with immersion. I actually jumped in hard with mining and immersion. I bought 4 120kw systems from DCX.
It took me about 8 months to finally optimize everything. These systems from DCX were not plug and play to say the least.
Unfortunately my electric rate went from 8.7cents to 12.7cents (I’m in Tennessee). I am now going to send my miners to a hosting site in Kansas (with a all in rate of 8.5cents). but this hosting site will be air cooled (not immersion). So I will be selling my systems if you’re interested in a cheap, barely used immersion setup.
Even if you’re not interested in these systems, I would be glad to share my experience and learnings.