KD5 power cable in the U.S

Hi, I just received my KD5 miner from Goldshell and I’m trying to figure out what power cable do I need to use when I live in the US. Or what cables, outlets do I need to power the unit up? The one that was in the box is for China I believe. TY all!

Do you have a photo of the receptacle? (on unit)
Also what are you plugging it into? 220 outlet, PDU?

Thank you @Craig_Schadler, I’d be open to PDU that works, or outlet works too. Here are some pics of the miner and the cable that came with it.

Search the the thread “bought goldshell kd5 from bt-miners”. I am asking similar questions and have a few answers already, scroll more towards the bottom of thread, might have a few answers for you

1 Like

Watch Vosk’s electrical video. Everything is there

1 Like

I have two KD5’s. Both are on a single 240V 30A circuit. I also have a whole house surge protector installed by a previous owner

Anyways, I have two 240V outlets, each being L6-30, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00002NAT9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I cut the male end off the cable supplied by Goldshell and installed L6-30P plugs, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00002NARX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

It works for me.

2 Likes

Thank you @Zilina! btw, are you from Zilina, Slovakia?

No, but I met my wife in Zilina. I was living/working there and she had recently graduated from university.

1 Like

Looks like a c19 to c20

2 Likes

plugged this into a 240 Volt L6-30P installed by my electrician ~$380

used this to plug the KD5 into the pdu and it pulls about 8-9 amps

2 Likes

Cool @Zilina , I live in states now, but I’m from Slovakia originally :slight_smile: How many kda are you mining these days per miner?

Awesome, Thank you, @Thorn !

1 Like

Using today as an example, one KD5 yielded 27.96 KDA while the other did 29.01 KDA. For some reason, one of the KDA is hashing ~0.7Th/s below spec. Both ASICs have similar reject rate while the lower hash KDA has nearly double the HW error rate, 0.13% vs 0.07%. They are located in the same space next to each other and are tied to the same ethernet so . . . not sure what’s going on.

Boze moj! Ste Slovak! To je fantasticke.

My wife is from Nove Mesto nad Vahom though she was born and lived outside Banska Stiavnica when she was younger. She and I lived in Zilina for just over a year after we met then moved to Bratislava for a couple of years before moving to the US. My b-i-l and his family live in a village (Hodrusa Hamre) outside Zvolen.

Z ktoreho mesta pochadzate?

1 Like

yesterday image
close to 26

1 Like

Sweet! TY @Thorn! Can’t wait to plug in mine in a few days. Did the kd5 mine more when the price of the kda was lower? I have a kd box as well, and it went from 4.5 kda to about 2.5 a day. Thanks

1 Like

Haha, awesome @Zilina . I was born in NR but when I was about four, we moved to Bratislava. Though I was between BA and NR a lot since I spent a lot of time there with my grand parents :slight_smile:

Also, @Zilina and @Thorn , how does your post mining process look like? Meaning what is your final platform and the chain of wallets, exchanges etc? I first used dxpool, then sent kda to hotbit , exchanged to btc and then sent to coinbase. There was a lot of fees there, so now I’m using poollare to Zelcore to Coinex to Coinbase.

1 Like

@japaboston, I use Poolflare and mine directly into a Zelcore wallet. So basically same setup as you. If I want to exchange KDA, I’d transfer to my KuCoin account. I believe that I’d need to change from Chain ID 0 to 1 for KuCoin - or at least I recall some guys on Reddit mentioning it. But with KDA running, I see no reason to exchange it - at least not right now.

We used to live on a side street off of Trnavska (short walk from Hotel Nivy if you know where that is) and I worked off of Stefanikova not far from the palace. I used to take the elektricka to the hlavna stanica then a short walk to work. On nice days, I’d just walk home (and pick up flowers or vegetables at the trznica on the way).

1 Like

Love it @Zilina , I haven’t been home since 2019. can’t wait to visit soon.

@japaboston yes, exactly

1 Like