KDA mining profit

How long could we expect to see this kind of profit from mining KDA…. New to mining and looking at the KD+.

It depends on the difficulty which is related to number of Hashpower available which depends on the amount of machines Hashing. Now with the chip shortage we do not see that many new machines coming and it is also related to vey high prices of those machines. It also depends on the price of KDA. If we will have KDA appreciating faster than increase in difficulty you will be mining less coins per day but with higher price vs USD. So I am not sure you got answer you were looking for but I don’t think there is an exact answer since mining reward / TH is changing every day and price of KDA as well…

The KD + is listed to make 90k a year in todays market is that realistic?

It might happen if conditions will remain the same, but they will not.
I have seen reward going from 1.12 KDA / TH to 0.8 KDA / TH in course of November. Then it went back over 1 KDA / TH and now is back in 0.83 KDA /TH
So my opinion is that reward / TH will go down over the time cause everybody is so excited to get into KDA mining today that it is matter of time and chip availability to see more and more miners coming what will increase difficulty and decrease reward / TH. I think it will be more matter of KDA price if it will appreciate faster vs USD than increase in difficulty. As I already mentioned in different post I am big KDA believer so I hope it will go significantly up over the time ( NFA ) but nothing is guaranteed in crypto. BTW I am not sure if you know what is the actual price of K1+

1 Like

I can purchase one for a little over 30k I would hope I could still make a good prophet after my ROI. In today’s market.

In theory, yes. Understand there are numerous variables and those profit charts are solely based on recent mining history as well as current market price

1 Like

But it would not dip from 90k to below 50k… or could I be wrong?

That’s very much possible if the price of KDA drops a significant amount and over a long period of time. Your mining setup can only pull volume, not value. If you mine one crypto coin today that’s worth $5USD then you made five dollars. But if you mine the same coin tomorrow but the value price has dropped down to $3USD then you’ve only made three dollars fo that day

2 Likes

When I was buying KD2 it was supposed to do around 17 USD / day. Now it is doing over 100 USD so my ROI is below 2 months. I am not complaining. If I was to buy it for 30 k and it would go from 100 to 17 I would be probably pissed. Be aware of the risk and make your decision nobody can guarantee what will happen. KDA seems to be a good project to me and this is the reason I decided to mine KDA at the time the profitability was way lower than today. So it is up to you to assess if you are willing to invest money and if you believe in project. I did a quick calculation if difficulty remains as of today and KDA will go to 10.3 USD you will have 50 k annual return from KD1+

3 Likes

My thoughts on KD is: I wont get into KD mining at current miner cost. Let say Average ROI is closer to 1 year. 1 year is crypto is a really long time. In that 1 year, KDA wcould dip. Not a lot, maybe another 25 %. Now your ROI is even longer.

Ideally, You want to buy the miner before the boom. Or right at the beginning. The FOMO is insane for KDA. But that’s the chance you take. Like that say, dont invest more than you willing to lose.

Another example is to look at the people mining doge before and after the spike. People thought it was a joke and doge was given out for free.

2 Likes

I think if I buy at 30k which is a lot… I would think I could get back my investment within 6 months with the k1+… I just don’t want to be the guy that says if I would have just invested in that K1+. From everything thing I read KDA will go up.

But if it does not I will never hear the end of it from my wife….

1 Like

Try it small? Buy the kd box for under 4k from goldshell. It’s a good start.

2 Likes

Not sure where you live, but if you’re in the US don’t forget about taxes…if you hold less than a year those short term gains are steep. There are a ton of people with fomo right now driving prices up. When the bear market hits, I think prices will dump a lot for miners. I’m not discouraging you, I just recently bought some miners myself. I’m just saying to weigh your options and remember how volatile Crypto can be. And to answer your earlier question, yes annual profit could drop that much…it could also increase. That’s where the hard decisions come into play.

1 Like

I’m in the US…. I’ve kinda jumped in head first over the last few weeks… I have 4 miners on the way and also a GPU miner that I bought 8 3060 cards, and a couple of S9 13.5.

1 Like

I just want to say that the point of all comments above is not to demotivate you from your decision, we just want to make sure you are aware of the risk of spending 30 k. Cause I dare to say we all wish KDA will be in few years at Bitcoin price :slight_smile: but it might go also the other direction and if you expect social agreement on your purchase I am not sure we can help cause the only person who knows your financial situation is you.I would keep in mind this is volatile market and the only thing what matters is when you will sell your coins. People FOMO and make better or worst decisions so it is difficult to predict how you will behave and even more difficult to know what will market do in future. What is sure you will mine some coins and what is not sure is what will be their value at the time you will plan to sell them. You can also take money and buy KDA instead of machine and this can also go up or down. So whatever decision you will take just be aware it can go both directions and even if it will go up or down, it usually goes the other direction as well later on so if you get timing right it is OK even if it dips cause before you sell it it is only running profit / loss. In any case good luck I will be hoping for us it will go just up forever :wink:

5 Likes

If I could find a kd box right now id definitely buy one. IMO if the profit goes down, its still highly profitable especially if you look to mine for years. I cant wrap my head around the mini doge miners that mine $2 a day and everyone wants them. Hit my head with a hammer

1 Like

I believe the current KDA price is undervalued, however I also believe the recent price increase was due to “Hype” and “FOMO” and will probably go back down just as dramatically. I’ve been mining Kadena since April and it has been swinging up 200% and down 50%, very similar to how Bitcoin’s price has behaved. The short term prospects on KDA are shaky at best, but the long term outlook is extremely favorable.

4 Likes

Fully agree with long-term outlook. I think people need to understand KDA multi-chain bit better and we start to see listing on several markets beside Kucoin, more adoption to come as well. I think they have big plans for 2022 what could help it. It has a lot of potential in my view.

2 Likes

Fully agree with the long-term outlook of KDA. What KDA does in the short-term is up in the air. So, if you are thinking of getting into mining KDA, do so with a long-term mindset.

Also know that mining any cryptocurrency such as KDA, should be done with responsibility and knowledge. KDA only works if it remains decentralize. If KDA continues to be centralized as it exists currently today, it will be at risk to attacks. Such as 51% attacks.

What is 51% attacks? Please read, 51% Attack Definition (investopedia.com)

Miners should keep tabs on how KDA mining hash rate is spread across the available pools. If any pool has more than 51%, than it puts KDA at risk. Spread you KDA miners amongst the available pools equally. A little short-term loss is worth decentralizing KDA.

Right now, Poolflare has 70% of KDA Hashrates. This puts KDA at risk to 51% attacks.
Kadena (KDA) Blake2S | Mining Pools (miningpoolstats.stream)

Do your research. Read the whitepapers on KDA and plan. Home - Kadena

And mine responsibly

There will be a time when KDA will have more than enough pools to pick from. Then will be the time to pick the most efficient pool.

Now, with the limited pools available, we have to split our miners amongst the available pools equally. Regardless on pool efficiency.

The good news is, so far, from my limited tests, it seems like Dxpool and Poolflare have only small differences between actual payouts. Splitting my miners between the two equally will give me a nice average and help secure the KDA network by keeping it decentralized.

I hope all current and new KDA miners will do the same.

4 Likes

I only have the one k1+ on its way… I’m hoping to get my ROI before the price goes down. After I sent the money today it went from 17.06 to 16.53🤦‍♂️… will be a few weeks before I get it mining, hopefully it will stay above 15.00.