KDA pool teams?

Yes, it does have to do with luck. Yesterday Hashpools luck was above 100%. Which is why you got a good payout yesterday. Today its down-trending. So you will see less now.

So the less Hashrates a pool has, the variation from 100% will be much more. Some days you will have an aveage luck of 50%. And other days you can see luck at 100%. This all plays out overtime. Hashpool has low hashrates compared to other pools. So its luck will vary a lot more. Also, its luck will average less than pools with more hashrate.

The good news is, If Hashpool can gain 10% of the networks hashrates, it will compete with the top pools like Poolfare. The more hashrates Hashpool has, the better it will perform until it reaches 10%. Further than 10% and its variation will be tighter, but not anymore better. This is the same as other pools like Poolflare.

You can see Hashpools average 24 hr. luck on the KDA page,

1 Like

Keeping tally here,

3 Likes

1 KD 5
14 KD Boxes

2 Likes

I will hopefully be getting a KD box, itā€™s only the 1.6 hash rate but Iā€™d be in. Sadly it will still be another two weeks before it even ships tho

Iā€™ll go through the posts and update tomorrow afternoon the list of additional people and machines.

@RVJV3000, I have not posted any where else yet. (Like Reddit and Kadena discord) But can do this tomorrow afternoon. Or perhaps I should wait till next Monday, since this will be a busy weekend for meā€¦.

No rush at all from me, just want to watch the progress and read what other have to say.

I have 3 x KD-box

1 Like

Hashpools luck has been pretty good recentlyā€¦ two days ago it was 107%, yesterday and into today it dropped down to 80% and now Its back up at 100%,

2 Likes

Let me know when you receive the miner, and Iā€™ll update you on the list.

Thanks

2 Likes

Just posted on Reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/kadena/comments/rsf1fr/hashpool_jump_start_help_decentralize_kda/

Posted on Vosktalk, Kadena, and Hashpools Discord as well.

Posts on Discords dont last long since they get buried fastā€¦

3 Likes

Everyone from Vosktalk, please go to SpragClutchā€™s link on Reddit and hit the up arrow to support the post! This will help it gain traction on Reddit and bring more people to the Hashpool jump start cause!

1 Like

I need to amend my thinking on how hash-rates relates to pools.

I have understood wrong, and need to make amends,

First, I thought that more hash-rates correlated with better luck. But this is not true. Instead, Hash-rates only effects the variance of luck. So, basically less hash-rates just means you will have more variance in luck. More hash-rates = less variance in luck.

So, two pools with everything else being equal, if one has low hash-rates and the other has high hash-rates, both pools should have the same average luck over a set amount of blocks found with shares submitted.

The only difference is, the low hash-rate pools luck would vary much more throughout this number of set blocks found with shares submitted. While the high hash-rate pools luck, would not vary as much.

The amount of hash-rates a pool has, should not effect the average luck.

What matters is weather the pool is healthy and its location from you.

Its important to keep tabs on a pools luck, as a lower average luck will point to the pool being not as healthy. An abnormally high luck, also points to manipulation by the pool and could be a bad sign. But how you calculate luck is important as well

So,

We know Poolflare is a healthy pool. Its payout is one of the best. And has servers worldwide. Its hash-rates are high and its lucks average shows its healthy.

On the other hand, with Hashpool, there are many unknowns. We do not know how healthy their pool is. This is partly due to their low hash-rates. Their luck goes up and down and it take a much longer period to see just what their average luck is. We donā€™t know if they are healthy or not.

I know many have taken my word, and I donā€™t want to lead anyone astray. I was wrong, and wanted to let people know and clarify.

Sorry

1 Like

Thanks for the update, but I think we still should try to jump start it and see how it goes we can give it 2 or 4 weeks to see the variation. We know they pay so I donā€™t expect issues there and it will help a distribution a bit as well. So I would still be in in case we decide to proceed and we can give it a try.
With random joining and dropping on-off the Hashpool people get disappointed if they will join in a day where luck is low on the other hand people who join in a lucky day will get disappointed when the luck drops. Variation has been all over the place when I was in.

2 Likes

I agree!

1 Like

I am still in to give it a shot. Worse case it doesnā€™t go as hoped and then I try to figure out how to solo mine or stay on dx and keep away from poolflare.

3 Likes

I am buying a KD5, if I can be useful for coordinate pool strategies, consider my +18 TH/s
I propose a telegram group, could be more useful for a quick coordination

1 Like

Agreed, we will look into it.

1 Like

I also noticed that Kadena lack in social presence. We could help the team being more active on every Kadena related channel (the more traffic, the best).
Also sending email to every exchange that still doesnā€™t support KDA wallet and asking then when the our coin will be available!
The power of a coin, at the beginning I suppose is not just from great team, but also in a honest passionate online support

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the point of pumping hashpool specifically? Lower fees?

Iā€™d like if Poolin started a KDA pool as their service is really great.

I read the goal is help the KDA increasing its decentralization.
Actually 70% of hashrate seems to be into poolflare and seems to be not good for different reason (I am new in KDA, expert people will explain with more detalis).

1 Like