L9 Coming Q3 2023

Bitmain is using the same playbook they always do.

Step 1: Iterative releases of the current model with slightly higher hashrates
Step 2: Gradually reduce the price across all current models
Step 3: Offer bulk discounts for massive quantities
Step 4: Slash prices for all buyers
Step 5: Announce new model
Step 6: Unload remaining inventory
Step 7: Test new model miner for several months
Step 8: Delay release date
Step 9: Finally start delivering the new model
Step 10: Repeat

L9 is coming this fall. Should be at least 16.2G @ ~3250 watts for under $10K.

9 Likes

love the playbook breakdown lol – could you attach rough time windows to the above steps, would be cool to break down the ~days on each step and then apply to other models and see some avg data

3 Likes

You don’t have to ask me twice to put together a spreadsheet. I’ll see if I can get the week over week price changes (and btc price at the time) since it came out as well.

3 Likes

Bitmain will definitely delay delivery again

1 Like

Month over month L7 price

2 Likes

I miss November :sob:

1 Like

Yes I have noticed this trend as well. L7 prices have constantly been decreasing. They all know what’s coming.

Bitmain should probably slow it down a bit. By the time you get the miner and set it up, there’s already a NEW FASTER AND MORE EFFICIENT model on the horizon :unamused:

I feel like a crackhead always wanting the faster and more efficient one! I need my fix!

1 Like

Anyone heard anything about Jasminer possibly releasing a Scrypt ASIC miner competitor?

1 Like

I did hear that but they target home miners so I bet you it’s something like 3gh for 600-800 watts for a premium price, that’s just my guess though time will tell!

3 Likes

Dont forget litecoin halving as well…coming soon

1 Like

Bitmain is dumping their L7’s because they know the more efficient loko tech miner ( 2GH 145W) will be out within 6 months and they cannot compete with the efficiency just the price like they are doing with the E9pro and Jasminer.

I’m pretty eager to see what Lokotech can do with LTC and doge mining…

think it’s legit? weren’t they supposed to show something at the conference or is it the upcoming conference?

1 Like

They talked about it at the last Litecoin conference but they didn’t show anything physical and personally I have not seen anything physical so I am sceptical, but on their website it says pre orders for 350+ blades are open, and smaller orders will open this summer and deliveries in Q4. Only thing that makes me think it’s more legit is it says they accept bank transfers but I’m unsure if there’s any way to still get scammed from that. There’s always a guy on reddit who’s like “they are based in Norway they have to be legit because their laws are strict” but to me that doesn’t mean shit if in their terms and conditions they accept BTC but only have to refund the fiat value, because they wouldn’t be breaking the law, then if BTC pumps they cancel the project and refund the fiat and keep the BTC. Anyway if they just show cased the physical blade and proved what they say it does in its physical forum then they would answer a lot of questions but instead they open up pre orders…I guess time will tell

1 Like

Lol yea doubt it will ever deliver at what they say or at all.

1 Like

VoskCoinTalk peeps and threads are my favorite, thanks for contributing to an important discussion – added my 2c on the VoskCoin youtube channel today :smiley:

6 Likes

@ShredZ I’m now no longer regretting my decision to not buy that miner you offered me like 5 months ago haha

Oh @Budgetminer didnt you hear the news? I now value the Goldshell X5 at $100,000, you could have picked it up for $200 so sorry you missed the gravy train :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@ShredZ do you by any chance work for @CasaMiners? Lol

1 Like

WHAT?!?! >:( hahahah gravy train, next stop! L9!!

1 Like