My First Rig Build AMD RX 5700 XT NVIDIA MIX

That’s what I got for $100 plus lots of risers and cables.

2 Likes

What mounting rig is that?

I honestly do not know lol sorry

I got it up and running but I still can’t get my AMD rx 5700 to work on LINUX looks like I am going to have to use my old rig for that card and run it on windows until I can figure this out I looked online and looks like tons of people having trouble with this card on HiveOS.

I am getting the same error that I put in the photo above “Unable to load binary kernel”

Here is how it sits now think I am going to change out the PSU until I get more GPU’s since I’m not going to have my AMD RX 5700 on this rig.

I got my AMD card working finally on Linux with HiveOS I took me forever to realize that I was just trying to use the wrong miner or trying to mine the wrong coin once I switched to ETC I was up and running. I even flashed the BIOS and made made RX 5700 a RX 5700 XT LOL

Try miniz on Beam, has to be few % more

They only have 4 miners available in HiveOS for Beam and that isn’t one of them I think it’s Bminer, Bminer, cuda miner and open cl miner only one that works is open cl and you only get about half your normal hashrate with that one

Holy shit I am so proud of myself for figuring this out on my own I was so close to giving up! I got all my GPU’s on the same rig and they are all mining. I am so happy! I’m going shopping for another GPU

2 Likes

I think I am going to celebrate with a new GPU what should I get I can get a used RX 580 4gb for $100 or I am thinking about ordering another new RX 5700 for $300 and BIOS modding it to a RX5700 XT. Anyone have an opinion? The RX 580 is making about .20 cents USD per day profit and the RX 5700 XT is making about .50 cents per day. I am leaning towards the new one but I don’t want to miss the used one either lol I have a feeling I will end up with both lol.

Congrats :slight_smile: In my opinion, the RX 5700 XT, but both is also an option, lol.

I already ordered the new card and I am waiting to hear back from the guy selling the used card near me so I can go pick that one up so I think I am going with both.

Now there is a third card in the mix and this is the one I am the most excited about! It’s an AMD RX 5700 XT Asrock. It is used but its only $200 they are going for between $400-$500 on NewEgg right now. I can’t pass this one up so this will be card number 2 for sure looks like I’m not going to be getting the 580 now.

Man ever since I have put my cards on this mining motherboard I have been having way less problems with rejected shares and low hashrates everything just seems to be running way more steady and consistent. Highly recommend the Asus b250.

squeezing every last penny out of this rig lol I can’t believe I figured out how to get three miners running on the same rig thank god for HiveOS making this stuff idiot proof for me. So far my estimates show i will get about 3 Loki per month. $$$$ cha-ching Ha!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07919NGDY/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_XP.VEbSWHHD4K

I believe it’s this frame.

yes that looks exactly like it, I am not a huge fan of the frame I feel like its too compact I wish it was bigger It is super sturdy though

I got my new used card today and it’s already up and running

I am a full on GPU mining junkie now lol

1 Like

Here is a list of everything I have bought so far and how much it all costs. I am still waiting on one more GPU to come in so I just including what it will earn into my daily earnings and ROI calculation.

I could have saved some money if I didn’t try to go super cheap at first to make sure I would be able to make it work with more expensive hardware but I am happy with how everything turned out.

1 Like