My First Rig Build AMD RX 5700 XT NVIDIA MIX

So I have pulled the NVIDIA cards off the rig, I fell like I would be better off selling them and replacing them with one RX 5700 I am also considering selling my RX 5700 XT. My reasoning there is that I can probably get $350 for it and I only paid $220. I can then take that money and get another RX 5700 non XT. The reason I do not like the XT is almost the same as the non XT but the XT runs about 10 degrees hotter. I am also having an issue with the XT the fan will not run if I let it control itself. It was working fine but I felt it was too hot so I set it to always run at %100 but when I try to change it back to default from %100 it doesn’t come on at all and the card over heats. Whatever happens when I make some sales or new purchases I will come update the ROI calculation and list of hardware costs.

I couldn’t just let the cards sit idle long lol I was thinking of using this as my test bench but idk if I really need a test bench then I thought maybe I could sell this and recoup some of my cost? What do you guys think?

Entry level mining rig/gaming pc $300?

It definitely is worth mining Loki on your CPU on your rigs that are GPU mining. I have it going on both my rigs now before both GPU were just running for nothing lol

The figures under the $ in USD. The Blue Coin column is amount in LOKI and the orange B column is amount in BTC.

I am having issues with my newest card, its an Asrock RX 5700 XT Challenger. I am using Claymore V 15.0.1 and I am getting a reading that my fan is at 0% but it is spinning and I have the miner set to overide fan control and keep fans at 100% or the fans for this GPU do not spin at all even as the GPU over heats. Anyone have any idea how I can begin to troubleshoot this? I am also using HiveOS.

I think first I will try to stop mining LOKI on the GPU now that I think about it that is when this issue started.

I stopped mining LOKI and that did solve this issue looks like getting those extra pennies a day do come at a cost.

I switched to Phoenix miner and it is doing so much better with my GPU’s than claymore I am getting better hashrates better temps and normal fan speeds and reporting. I am liking it so much better I am thinking of tuning back on the CPU and see if it can mine without messing up my GPUs.

Success with Phoenix miner mining ETH I am able to mine Monero with my CPU without messing up my GPUs

Sold out :frowning: I saw this super cool one with a shelf that let you slide out the mother board out from the frame. I can’t find it again so I am thinking of modifying the slide out system from a kitchen storage system designed to hold the weigh of pots and pans.

here is my earning after switching to nicehash

these are my speeds and algo’s I am running the NVIDIA rig doesnt have the GPU mining Monero because the temps were hitting 100 degrees so I have ordered a new cooler and some new thermal paste. I am mining the Nicehash ETH algo and Monero on the AMD rig and the nicehash BEAM algo on the NVIDIA rig.

Before nicehash I was getting about 2$ a day average with the same rigs. now I am making about an extra .40 per day using nicehash.

Someone was asking about risers recently and I cannot find it again but I wanted to share the risers I have and love they have LED to let you know everything is working right and they look cool

I have nothing to do with this link I just found the same risers I have

GPU number 3 for the AMD rig came in today up to 160 MH on nicehash eth.

I noticed you are using nicehash. When I used nicehash with my 2080 super the program was running full bore balls to the wall and at 86 celcius. I tried using afterburner but nothing helped.

I am running fans at 100% but my hottest GPU is at 63 C and its 10 degrees hotter than my others

I do get overheating with Nicehash and Ravencoin but i think thats a Ravencoin thing not Nicehash…if its Ravnecoin you are mining causing the overheating I do believe there is a fix and its lowering the power consumption to 75%

1 Like

I got up this morning and my BEAM rig was acting up. I have both rigs hardwired to the internet off a switch. Only one rig wasn’t getting internet though. I tried switching ethernet cords I don’t know wtf is going on here lol. I wasn’t running CPU miner on this one because I was getting temps of 100 on the CPU. I had ordered some thermal paste and a new cooler but I am worried I might have fried the CPU while waiting for this stuff to come in. Has anyone ever fried a CPU. How can I diagnose this thing?

It’s not the CPU

I hooked it up directly to my modem and still got the orange light instead of green I wonder if I tried the ethernet controller

What’s you internet setup like? Do you have an Arris combo device? Basically, just one box that takes a coaxial, and outputs the wifi and some ethernet ports?

that is exactly what I have an Arris combo