My Goldshell Mini Doge keeps having a stroke every 2 days

I have exactly the same issue and set up in the UK. And I just had to re-set mine again after it had its stroke. Mine is the CKB miner.

Downgrade the firmware to 2.0.2 and that’s it fixed!

no, that just killed my miner completely! :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

now it is doing nothing anymore and can not be found by the dashboard or by the find my miner page from goldshell

as long as you do respect the incomming voltage to be the same as indicated on the PSU, and you do not force any cables that do physically not match, there is not much you could do wrong with the power cord.

I do more likely assume it is something inside the miner.

So I just checked the miner this morning an notice that the upper red light was the one blinking slowly, in contrast to the blue light. and I was still unable to get into the GUI at first until I unplug the miner and plug it back in, with the hashrate at 0 MH/s which went back to normal hashrate after I plugged it back in… (I enable red light blinking on my miner in conjunction with the blue light mining indicator) :thinking:

So now I’m confused, because the blue light was blinking fast, as it should, but the red light next to it was blinking slowly, and the green power light on the bottom was not red… :thinking:

support wrote me about the red led:
Dear customer:
The red LED light has no effect for us, it is just for the convenience of setting as to identify your machine!

Then I have no idea what else to do, since it just randomly drops its hashrate to 0 and I cant even enter the GUI when it happens and the only fix that I find if unplug it and plug it back in… :thinking:

Set up automated reboots? Or at least put the psu on a timer for the time being.

Angryip scanner or cmd arp -a
Mine changed the ip but eero routers showed a new ip was available. Not sure what might of happened I have the Voskcoin model batch 3 .

1 Like

yes, as mentioned was the same with mine. Now it seems to be dead because I tryed the firmware downgrade.

automated reboot is not provided by Goldshell dashboard. - probably no problem for @crazydane :wink: but for me and assumably most other maybe remains the redneck method to install a simple time switch with a 1min interuption every 24h or so.

But if the network has static IP´s?

Several years ago I had a similar problem with my verizon card which would run off the USB and intermittently shutdown. After no help from support I did the following:

1. connected an extension cable between the Verizon card and USB connector
  2. split one of the cables and connected a switch on it. It was an X10 switch which would get triggered by an RS232 signal.
  3. i had a program running on the computer , monitoring the verizon card and if it detected a problem , it would send a signal via RS232 to the switch to open , in effect unplugging the verizon card from the USB . Then a time delay of 5 minutes and another rs232 signal to close the switch… effectively plugging it back in

There are 3-4 modules you will need to build this. This may not be the best route, but if you want to pursue, post back and i can research the actual module names (from x10.com) since its been a while.

1 Like

Been having similar problems, where F2Pool would notify me that one of my miners was offline about every two days. Always the MiniDoge. I did downgrade to firmware 2.0.2 and have not had an issue for two days. We’ll see if it continues to work.

I had a similar issue

Changed position for better venting / cooling. Updated firmware. So far so good

I would watch Voskcoin video on set up. It was very straight forward. No need for a static up.

bdsouza, ru having any luck, or maybe u got the info and now just ignore everyone until u have a problem again. I am glad we could help u oneway, thnx for the feed back.

Opps meant sunynka, sorry about that, need to take my meds lol?

Nah, still crashing every 2 days… lol

What is your firmware listen

I got Firmware Version 2.0.3

You got jokes lol 2.0.2 is working over 10 days straight with no freezing up.

All I know is that paymyrent tried to downgrade and it bricked his mini doge, and I don’t want my mini doge to get bricked as well lol :laughing: