My Goldshell Mini Doge keeps having a stroke every 2 days

NEWS:
I am happy to say that my minidoge is mining again! :smiley:
I did not find out the correlation why it escalated exactly when I did the downgrade, and for sure with my low knowledge I will probably never know, but it has to do with my old Netgear switch. It seems to have Alzheimer and forgets that there are devices connected.
@CSizzle you posted how to show all IPs of the network via the cmd. That helped me to see when I switch the miner on, its IP will be shown. After a minute or les it is gone.
When plugging the miner directly to the rounter it apeared in the dashboard could be set up and is running now.
This does not explain to me why I could not connect it directly to my laptop, probably my company made some setting that avoids the direct connection?? I dont know and honestly I dont care because the miner is working now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

By the way it is running on 2.0.2 !
Question is if after that experiance I will change it to the latest upgrade that goldshell recently released? Maybe I better stay with this one if it keeps running for longer than 2 or 3 days now.

1 Like

Well Iā€™ll be dammed! I guess I should downgrade from 2.0.3 to 2.0.2 and pray that my Mini Doge doesnā€™t go gaboom!! :laughing: :laughing:

I will try to do that today once I get off work.

:crossed_fingers: :grin:

Ok, I finally downgrade to 2.0.2, at first I was freaking out because I lost access to the miner, however, apparently my minerā€™s ip address changed when I downgraded the firmware so now I got access again! lol :sweat_smile:

Letā€™s hope with 2.0.2 I donā€™t have to unplug the miner and plug it back in every 2 days.
:crossed_fingers: :grin:

Mine came in with 2.0.2 version on it; never upgraded and itā€™s been running solid for almost a month! Iā€™ve noticed that these miners are very sensitive to the network connection meaning that if it powers up without ethernet available, you will most likely have to restart it again once your network is up again.

New firmware update:

[firmware-Goldshell-MiniDOGE-2.1.1.cpb]

Different GUI tooā€¦

Iā€™m afraid to use that one, for now Iā€™ll keep BETA testing 2.0.2 on my Mini Dogeā€¦

All you have to do is read other people experience sorry for acting like an ass but itā€™s true.
Iā€™m glad it is working for you and it will continue to work. Mine has been going on 10 day straight with 2.0.2. Good luck.

Well I have two mini miners, so Iā€™ve put one on it to test.

Please let us know if its safe to use the new firmware. :grin:

Will doā€¦ So far up for 1 day.

This case is close, Iā€™ve been running my Mini Doge with firmware version 2.0.2 for 3 Day, 13 Hours, and 48 Minutes, an countingā€¦

So apparently my Mini Doge is allergic to firmware version 2.0.3 lol

I guess I will continue to just use this firmware until my mini doge drops dead.
:laughing:

2 Likes

Still going on the new firmwareā€¦ 3 days up!

The new firmware is good but the graph does not auto generate like 2.0.2

My miner has been running non-stop ever since 2.0.2, however, now I see that it has a lower hash rate than when it was on 2.0.3, and its barely making 0.0041 to 0.0044 LTC at best, and its making barely 7.2 to 8.6 DOGE at bestā€¦
:skull_and_crossbones: :skull:

So now Iā€™m conflicted, is it because of the firmware, or does the higher dificulty on F2pool is the blame for thisā€¦
:thinking:

I have one miner on 2.0.2 and 2.1.1 and they are around the same, but the reason why you payout is lower if because of network difficulty going up.

after I managed to get my miner running on 2.0.2 the hash rate was showing about 0,8 MH higher than on 2.0.3
then I changed to 2.1.1 and it is average the same as on 2.0.3

My miner is averaging at about 187 MH/s and it sometimes goes as high as 240 MH/s and as low as 145 MH/s. On paper is should be making more LTC/DOGE but despite having all that I am making between 0.0041 and 0.0044 LTC per day at best, and 7.2 to 8.6 DOGE per day at best. :thinking:

I used to make 0.0044 to 0.0047 LTC per day, and 7.6 to 8.8 sometimes hitting the 9.0 DOGE mark per day. Also I see on my Goldshell Interface I would have a hash rate of about 195 MH/s and at the same time be at 145 MH/s on F2poolā€¦ :neutral_face:

Having the same issue with my Vosk mini doge. Since Iā€™m not home when it happens Iā€™m going to try a WiFi plug to see if it works. That way hopefully upon discovery if itā€™s offline I can reboot it by turning the plug off and back on remotely. Power supply is a evga 850GT Gold with auto eco mode if anyone oi having an issue with the same setup.

If you are talking about the mini doge dropping its hash rate every 2 days I found a fix for that problem.

If you have firmware version 2.0.3, downgrade to 2.0.2, once I did that it stopped resetting and its been running non stop for 10 days now and counting. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Mine was going out every day or two and of course I was on vacation at the start n missed out on 3 weeks of mining. Changed the power supply and itā€™s been okay since then