New Goldshell SC-Box (Siacoin / ScPrime) - Won't be worth it?

Goldshell has just announced the new Goldshell SC-Box which runs on the Blake2B Algorithm which supports Siacoin (SC) and ScPrime (SCP).1 They say it will have 900Gh/s at 200Watts.2 Links below.

In my opinion, these won’t be a good buy and could end up being useless, with Siacoin you will lose money, and ScPrime will only make ~$0.76 USD profit per day. This is including a 3% pool fee and $0.10 for electricity costs.3 ScPrime is also currently planning to move to Proof of Stake soon so there won’t be any profitable coin for this machine after this happens.4 Links below.

The Goldshell HS-Box can also mine ScPrime, so if you are interested in mining it before it goes PoS and you have an HS-Box then I will link to a post about mining ScPrime with an HS-Box.5 Links below.

I am curious to know what everyone else thinks about this miner, will you be buying it or spending your money on something else? If there is another coin that happens to be profitable on it then please feel free to mention it.

References:
• 1. Goldshell SC-BOX – Twitter Announcement
• 2. Goldshell SC-BOX – Website Announcement
• 3. ScPrime Mining Calculator - Blake (2b) :pick: | minerstat
• 4. ScPrime Consensus Mining - ASIC Only - Going Proof of Stake
• 5. Mining ScPrime (SCP) with Goldshell HS-Box or Handshake ASIC - VoskCoinTalk

4 Likes

Money grab by goldshell. Nothing to be excited about.

5 Likes

I’ll probably pass on this one. I would be interested in buying Bitcoin box miners if they would make them. For me (newer to mining) so far I’m more interested in something I think will be around for years. That’s why I have purchased a few mini doge miners. Can always just mine litecoin that has been around a long time if doge disappears. At least you have some kind of option with those. Any thoughts or input is welcome :thinking:

2 Likes

Passing on this as well. Would be nice to see some kind of dash miner from goldshell or new improved KD box

2 Likes

@WingNasty I will be passing on it as well, I am already mining ScPrime with two HS-Boxes so there really isn’t a need for one of these. Especially since SCP isn’t going to be PoW forever.

I plan to mine it until I can’t anymore and then switch over to handshake or something, which is why I am glad that the HS-Box has two algorithms.

I think the idea of a bitcoin box would be cool, but I think with the network difficulty it just wouldn’t work in the Box form factor. Considering the heat and how fast the fans would need to spin, and it could possibly need more power than just a PC PSU. If they could pull it off, then they will have a winner.

These SC-Boxes are either going to sell out quick to scalpers, not be bought or a bunch of people might not know about SCP going to PoS and be stuck.

1 Like

I’m the opposite I just started mining as well and I’m mining all the altcoins. I guess it’s just weather you want to mine Bitcoin directly or raise the risk with alts and also possibly greater reward. I do want a Bitcoin miner as well though.

Goldshell SC-BOX for GS community. Its for sale right now on goldshell website just need a password if anyone wants one

what is the password ?

Goldshell has these for sale right now on their website. I picked one up just to see what I can do with it. I am still researching which coin to set it up for. I am sure I have plenty of time before it arrives with Chinese New Year going.

Wish I would’ve listened Vosk sooner. These forums are awesome! Thank you guys for the input on this! I’m newer in the game but judging by the overall vibe I’m going to pass on this one

Thanks
Doug

2 Likes

In my opinion not worth it now. But taking in consideration market, I think it sia will go up in price, together the miner prices.
Hopefully it will not be the ld-box scenario