New to Mining - Do's and Don'ts

I am looking to speak with someone who has a good list of do’s and don’t when you first start mining.

Number 1 - Question everyone and everything to avoid scams especially when buying hardware. I’d guess more than 50% of miner sales attempts are scams.

2 Likes

Do you know anything about Esty? They have some Bitmain Antminer S9 ASIC miner with Power Supply Refurbished Tested Bitcoin Mining Application Hardware Free Heat I am wondering if anyone has been scammed from them?

I am prepared to buy two to start and then start building my mini farm from there. Any suggestions would be greatly be appreciated.

Check out Realtime mining hardware profitability | ASIC Miner Value, S9’s generally lose money right now depending on electricity cost

Thank you. I check it out.

Also that price for s9’s is crazy high. I bought mine for $500 a piece. Hell, i will sell you one s9 for $500 today.

Thank you. you are right no money in it. Looks like I am going to have pony up for GoldShell CK5. Thoughts?

I just got a CK6 2 weeks back. I’m very happy with it. I also run some ck boxes. It really comes down to what you can afford

Cash is not the problem. I just want to make sure I do this right.

How long did it take you to receive it? Generally speaking how well is it going for you?

Best advise i can give is this.
Start small, make sure you enjoy it.
research as much as you can
beware of scams, there is a ton

Where did you purchase your machines?

I received my CK6 in roughly 10 days. some stuff takes 3-4 weeks depends on where you purchase from

Some from Goldshell direct, some from ebay and Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware | BT-Miners

also Bobcat and Mntd

Thanks Coolhand. I appreciate you taking the time.

1 Like

Definitely try buying them directly from goldshell. Although with Chinese new year they wont be restocking until mid February probably.

Don’t donkey around buying a mini box here and there… im as noob as you but started by compulsively scanning for mini boxes and gpus… at this point I’d have been further ahead to buy an s19 vs buying everything at inflated markups etc… ive got a mini doge a 3060ti in a gaming pc and 12 gpus waiting to get put on a 12 gpu rig from mining cave and an l3+ on a boat from alibaba. if money’s not an option just go for the thing you can get direct from a manufacturer and as soon as possible… there’s smart ppl on here that I’m listening to as well… if you have the cash and want to risk buying from a reseller, a few people sell stuff here and lots of opinions can be found on that topic lol

1 Like

There are more scams than not. Beware when someone is selling for lower than market prices or buying from someone you don’t have enough references.
Start small and dont over pay with fomo.
Be ready to learn and adapt